BANGKOK
Scott

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?

SURVEY: Do you agree with Thailand’s approach to the pandemic?  

371 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Not “gloating” and not “showing off”. Just stating the facts for single men.  Obviously you’re jealous of men who live the dream in Thailand. 

Let’s hope people who live in Thailand and those who have families in Thailand will be all be allowed back in soon. 

Moving around and having many female companions isnt my dream , I prefer to stay in one place and have long lasting relationships , everyones different though , but its your dream , it isnt mine .

The amount of covid tests done in Thailand is very small simply because people cant afford them and the government will never pay. And as we all know about saving face in thailand they will never admit anything or ho back on anything that makes them lose face So the death rates and the amount of people infected or not infected cannot be relayed upon and all the government has done is make people lose jobs and businesses as well as making them afraid of any foreigners which in turn turns to racism. The statistics around the world show countries with lots more deaths but these countries have had much more covid tests done. Look at the facts Thailand didnt close the boarders to china until 6 weeks after the outbreak

1 minute ago, malthebluff said:

The amount of covid tests done in Thailand is very small simply because people cant afford them and the government will never pay. And as we all know about saving face in thailand they will never admit anything or ho back on anything that makes them lose face So the death rates and the amount of people infected or not infected cannot be relayed upon and all the government has done is make people lose jobs and businesses as well as making them afraid of any foreigners which in turn turns to racism. The statistics around the world show countries with lots more deaths but these countries have had much more covid tests done. Look at the facts Thailand didnt close the boarders to china until 6 weeks after the outbreak

Although everyone arriving from China was heat tested from late January .

I cannot figure the logic of Corvid tests and death rates , or are you saying that tests cause deaths ?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Moving around and having many female companions isnt my dream , I prefer to stay in one place and have long lasting relationships , everyones different though , but its your dream , it isnt mine .

When I’m very old and tired of having multiple girlfriends I might do the same as you.... yawn. 

Until then I’ll keep living an exciting, traveling life with numerous beautiful Thai ladies from many provinces.

Life is great in Thailand at present (compared to what it must be like in other, Covid-affected countries). 

Back to the topic..thanks again to those responsible for keeping Thailand Covid-free. Great job guys!!

Edited by Nemises

3 minutes ago, Nemises said:

When I’m very old and tired of having multiple girlfriends I might do the same as you.... yawn. 

Until then I’ll keep living an exciting, traveling life with numerous beautiful Thai ladies from many provinces.

Life is great in Thailand at present. Thanks again to those responsible for keeping it Covid-free!

You may never get tired of it , but you must be a handsome charming young guy who speaks Thai, to be able to travel around and find numerous females who dont work in the sex industry and have many short term "friendships" 

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You may never get tired of it , but you must be a handsome charming young guy who speaks Thai, to be able to travel around and find numerous females who dont work in the sex industry and have many short term "friendships" 

As an old man that you are, (involved in a boring, long standing relationship) be advised that these days there are numerous dating apps that allows singles from any province, to meet up. Plus translation apps are useful. Hope this helps educate you.

Noted that you only had the “sex industry” back in your days to meet new girls. That’s sad. 

Just now, Nemises said:

As an old man that you are, (involved in a boring, long standing relationship) be advised that these days there are numerous dating apps that allows singles from any province, to meet up. Plus translation apps are useful. Hope this helps educate you.

Noted that you only had the “sex industry” back in your days to meet new girls. That’s sad. 

How old am I ?

You don't know, do you ?

Many of those girls on dating sites do require paying , I would even go as far as saying that most girls expect something in return .

BTW , I have been in a relationship for six months and am happy and content with that .

How old are you BTW ?

You may be older than I am 

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Also, had the whole World acted like Thailand did, the pandemic would be over by now and the World would be Corvid free and we would all be back to normal .

Very frustrating. Idiots.

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Seven months into this pandemic and Western Countries still cannot decide whether wearing masks and social distancing is necessary or not .

I see in Germany today  there is a demonstration about the right NOT to have to wear a mask!!!!!!!

Stupid and selfish.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Stupid and selfish.

And the same people now think that they should be allowed into Thailand 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How old am I ?

You don't know, do you ?

Many of those girls on dating sites do require paying , I would even go as far as saying that most girls expect something in return .

BTW , I have been in a relationship for six months and am happy and content with that .

How old are you BTW ?

You may be older than I am 

You posted that the only way to meet girls was via the “sex industry” therefore admitting that you had no knowledge of dating apps that have been around for how long? 15? 20? years. You must be old not to be aware of dating apps to find girls who do NOT work in the sex industry. 

I said No which was the fourth choice.  The virus is dangerous to those who are old folk with pre-existing conditions but for the rest of us not so much.  Of course that may change...and that's the problem as we don't know the future.  Will it be like the flu.  Will it get really nasty like Mers.  We just don't know.   When we get to the end, if there is an end, we can praise or pillory the governments response then. 

•  Thailand has handled it extremely well.

•  I generally agree, but there have been some overreactions.

•  the hysteria has resulted in irreparable damage to the economy.

the virus is not nearly as dangerous as generally believed.

Take away the Yes/no's and I agree with all four points 
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Stupid and selfish.

Over by now! 🤨 Gee Prof Yinn, do show the scientific thesis to prove your point.

Yes the debate on masks is a good one.  I wear one when I am shopping indoors but don't bother outdoors.  A lot of Thai people do the same.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What about all the deaths Thailand is responsible on their roads, 

Since January 

US road death 17,000+ (Covid 158,000+) ,

Germany road death 1500+ (Covid 9,000+)  

UK road 700+. (Covid 46,000+)

ZERO covid in Ranong! 

ZERO die. Good news.

39AFC035-F6ED-406C-AB4A-D80A90F2B585.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Over by now! 🤨 Gee Prof Yinn, do show the scientific thesis to prove your point.

Er, my point? 

@CorpusChristie point. Why not you ask him? 

• Thanks 1