Water Bill up 30%

lopburi3

This waterbill discount thing is BS they give you 20% discount but the month after you get 30% increase so they still take 10% . Thailand is the same as everywhere around the world , nothings free only the sun coming up in the morning . One way or another you will always be paying for your discounts or gifts . 

54 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

This waterbill discount thing is BS they give you 20% discount but the month after you get 30% increase so they still take 10% . Thailand is the same as everywhere around the world , nothings free only the sun coming up in the morning . One way or another you will always be paying for your discounts or gifts . 

Money for nothing and the chicks are free if you play on MTV. I've not really noticed water bill reductions, but MEA really did us dirty the last 2 months. June, no need to pay... No, cannot pay. July, pay June & July together. Ouch.

Fortunately I just used the money to pay other bills and can make up the difference this month, but that was really a useless gesture.

8 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Fortunately I just used the money to pay other bills and can make up the difference this month,

The OP was talking about a difference of Bht 150. What other bills have YOU got for that amount which you can now pay this month?

My building in Pattaya actually gave me 2 months of free water.

Just got my bill for last month it is up from the normal.

But, I have had girls in my room almost everyday one shower in and one out.

So, the bill is higher but I certainly am not going to complain about 4 dollars..

• Haha 1

Bangkok MWA rates per Cubic Meter used still the same...8.5 baht/cubic meter. Hasn't changed since 1999.  Throw in the monthly meter/service, raw water, and VAT fees you have the total cost. 

Now that the COVID discounts are over, monthly water bills should reflect normal charges again.  if a person's water bill went way up there's probably a water leak or maybe the meter reader made a mistake.  Meters themselves do go bad but usually when they go bad it's due to corrosion/breakage that causes the reading to be low; never high.

Rates

https://web.mwa.co.th/ewtadmin/ewt/mwa_internet_eng/ewt_news.php?nid=309

image.png.22b7ed3f358611774e8ef42b0ef0bcfb.png

MWA Water Bill Calculator....always matches my actual bill to the stang.  Be sure to pick R1 Shelter if living in a home.....and determine your water meter size which will probably be either a 3/4 or 1/2 inch....3/4 inch seems to be the most used for homes. 

https://web.mwa.co.th/main.php?filename=water_calculation&t=top

image.png.0adabf7b7a4131df727ed0702be92f03.png

On 8/2/2020 at 9:41 AM, lopburi3 said:

Bangkok, Latphao (MWA)

Last month there was a 153 baht deduction for covid which is not there this month so expect a lot of people with tight budgets may have issues. 

They must have a very tight budget if they can't afford paying the water bill.

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

My house is built close to a small Thai weekend resort development, we take water from them at a flat rate of 500 Baht per month for unlimited supply.  Its looking like a good deal right now.  

If you consider 500 baht/month a good deal, then you must have a big family. Even if you have "unlimited" supply does that mean you shower 15 min instead of 5 minutes and let the water run just for fun? 500 baht is imo a lot of water. 

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

My building in Pattaya actually gave me 2 months of free water.

Just got my bill for last month it is up from the normal.

But, I have had girls in my room almost everyday one shower in and one out.

So, the bill is higher but I certainly am not going to complain about 4 dollars..

And are the girls happy with 4 dollars?

They are building a new dam Nong Bua Daeng....all the local employees had to hand over their ID's and bank cards plus PIN to the management if they wanted a job.

The managers book their work hours (doubled up) and take back half the payment that goes into the employees bank for themselves.

If that is going on all over no wonder you are paying a lot more!