BANGKOK
peterdwje2

If account dips below 800000 shortly after Non O-A extension based on retirement

I did my annual extension last week at CW. Then two days ago I was getting cash to buy something and inadvertently withdrew down to balance of 795,000. I've read I need to keep 800,000 for three months after extension. I will make deposit today to push it back up. But I worry this will cause me problem for next year's extension. Anything I can do to fix this now? Thanks.

Did you have any other accounts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, moontang said:

Did you have any other accounts?

Actually, I have two others from Bangkok Bank -- one savings (14,000 baht) and the other fixed (100,000).  So I should be okay?

Tanoshi -- I have tried to open new fixed account just for that purpose (the one I mentioned above is from long time ago) but several branches said work permit was required.

And thanks to everyone else for helpful replies.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Actually, I have two others from Bangkok Bank -- one savings (14,000 baht) and the other fixed (100,000).  So I should be okay?

Tanoshi -- I have tried to open new fixed account just for that purpose (the one I mentioned above is from long time ago) but several branches said work permit was required.

No problem, especially at the same bank..it just may require some extra copies..they can list both accounts on the same letter..use the fixed to supplement.

Edited by moontang

11 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

why not move 701k to the fixed account you already have?

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

why not move 701k to the fixed account you already have?

Bank said I could not add to it, can only continuously roll over the existing 100,000. Adding to the principal requires opening a new fixed account, which I can't do due to lack of work permit. That's what two Bkk Bk branches said.

Posted (edited)

that's strange.  are the clerks misinformed?  is it a special type of fixed account?

i've got bangkok bank accounts and sometimes add/subtract as needed to the fixed account, not always according to the interest schedule.

accounts are accessible online, so no need to visit the branch for this.

is the 795k also in a bangkok bank account?  that sort of transfer would show immediately, don't know about trying to transfer from another bank.  might get confusing for the io's with three accounts from two banks.

Edited by ChouDoufu

43 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Your OK. 

I use an FD account and savings a/c

Means 2 bank letters and bankbook copies but all good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peterdwje2 said:

Work permits are not required . If you need that branch for convenience contact head office.

3 hours ago, peterdwje2 said:

2 hours ago, peterdwje2 said:

Bank said I could not add to it, can only continuously roll over the existing 100,000. Adding to the principal requires opening a new fixed account, which I can't do due to lack of work permit. That's what two Bkk Bk branches said.

Taking the clerk at her word (which is totally incorrect) if your on an extension based on retirement, which doesn't permit you to work, then why did they allow you to open a fixed term account in the first place.

You need to speak to the manager, HQ in Bangkok, or open a Fixed Term at another bank.