Jump to content
BANGKOK
peterdwje2

If account dips below 800000 shortly after Non O-A extension based on retirement

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

In a standard Savings account the interest rate is a standard 0.5%.

In a 12 month Fixed Term Deposit account the interest rate is typically 1.5%.

You can obtain up to 3 years FTD accounts giving a typical interest rate of 1.7%.

 

If you can afford to put the funds away, why not make your money work for you.

The 0,5% on a savings account is gone since a few months back, so is also the 1,5% on a FDA. I think the interest now is ~0,75-1,0% on a FDA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Sorry Jack I haven't read through all the posts.

Are you using the income or funds in the bank method.

If income, which bank, method of transfer and are passbook codes coded as FTT.

If funds, in a Fixed term or Savings account.

Bangkok Bank uses the bank code FTT, not every bank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The 0,5% on a savings account is gone since a few months back, so is also the 1,5% on a FDA. I think the interest now is ~0,75-1,0% on a FDA. 

Thanks I haven't checked recently, but it doesn't surprise me.

 

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Bangkok Bank uses the bank code FTT, not every bank. 

Depends on the method of transfer. If using TW and the transfer goes through one of the other partner branches, namely KK or TMB, it isn't coded as FTT in Bangkok bank, but as an SMT (smart) transfer.

 

You'd then require a Foreign Exchange Transfer form (FET) from either KK or TMB in that case, although Immigration will often accept the TW PDF receipts as proof of overseas transfers.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For all you TV cowboys trying to game the system (e.g., for the 800K baht in the bank for a retirement extension) by using agents:

 

Consider the following:

 

The 800K has NOTHING to do with the amount that Immo expects you to have to live for a year in Thailand.  Nor the 65K/month income.

 

Instead, those amounts are set by Immo to screen out those ex-pats of lesser financial means.

 

If they really wanted to see that you spend at least 65K/month/year while living here, they would check your bank account withdrawals -- which they never do at Chaeng Wattana.   (Although the esteemed Mod Sheryl has reported that Immo Prachinburi does, indeed, look at spending down on the 800K -- though that may have changed, of late). 

 

My point is -- if you are ever caught trying to circumvent those financial requirement hurdles by using an agent....bye bye.

Edited by TaoNow
mispelling a Mod's name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

For all you TV cowboys trying to game the system (e.g., for the 800K baht in the bank for a retirement extension) by using agents:

 

Consider the following:

 

The 800K has NOTHING to do with the amount that Immo expects you to have to live for a year in Thailand.  Nor the 65K/month income.

 

Instead, those amounts are set by Immo to screen out those ex-pats of lesser financial means.

 

If they really wanted to see that you spend at leat 65K baht a year while living here, they would check your bank account withdrawals -- which they never do at Chaeng Wattana.   (Although the esteemed Mod Cheryl has reported that Immo Prachinburi does, indeed, look at spending down on the 800K -- though that may have changed, of late). 

 

My point is -- if you are ever caught trying to circumvent those financial requirement hurdles by using an agent....bye bye.

"My point is -- if you are ever caught trying to circumvent those financial requirement hurdles by using an agent....bye bye."

People uses agents all the time to circumvent those financial requirements. Pay ~25k and you will get a year extension even if not having half of those sums. I know several who pays an agent every year. They are not close to meet the requirements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And 'Max,' once there is a rotation of Immo staff who are not in on the scam, then the game is up in that particular Immo office. Increasingly there is evidence that Immo authorities are starting to crack down on rogue officers and offices.  Caveat emptor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That shouldn't be a problem if was to a different account with the same bank.

You can provide more than one accounts details to meet the requirements.

 

However you may need to provide both sets of Passbooks/statements for each account and you should make clear to the bank that due to their error you will only pay for one statement (if applicable).

The standard letter, can incorporate all your account numbers and balances at no extra cost.

My branch do this as standard practice  now due to past errors and having to issue new letters.

 

Thought I'd drive the 24 km to my local Immigration office ( Pattaya) to get a definitive answer to my situation .. and The lady who deals with the paperwork re:- Retirement extensions said ... As long as  all the account involved are from the same bank and it all happened on the same day  there is NOT problem ... Just bring all the bank books involved and copy of the pages in question  ...

Just hope she does change her mind in the next 6 weeks lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed some troll posts and the replies to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 3:08 PM, banglay said:

Thought I'd drive the 24 km to my local Immigration office ( Pattaya) to get a definitive answer to my situation .. and The lady who deals with the paperwork re:- Retirement extensions said ... As long as  all the account involved are from the same bank and it all happened on the same day  there is NOT problem ... Just bring all the bank books involved and copy of the pages in question  ...

Just hope she does change her mind in the next 6 weeks lol

She will not change her mind because that's how it works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A off topic post and a reply to it have been removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...