Does Immigration Still Provide Residency Certificates for Driving License?

So, as the title says.

Ubon immigration told me it isnt their job and I should go to tourist police.

I got one from Bangkok Immigration years ago. Do they still do it? And fortunately, I am living back in Bangkok again.

The Driving License office told me to get one from my own embassy...but that is expensive.

Anyone know if Thai Immigration still do it?

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices still do them.

To get one at Chaeng Wattana immigration requires you to be dong 90 day reports to them.

If you go to CW expect the letter to arrive about 2 weeks later. It's not instant, and as already stated it's only for people who are currently doing 90 day reporting.

let us know if you get one from CW.  A Facebook visa Forum is advising people to go to the office at Muang Thong Thani.

Certificates of residence (that you use to buy/sell vehicles and/or get a thai drivers licenses here) are available at the Muang Thong Thani Immigration office location now, (Section B).
You have to have filed at least ONE 90 day report to be able to get a certificate of residence. It's 200baht and they mail it to you in about 10 days.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

The main IO at Huahin gave me two a few months ago. One for motorcy and one for car. They directed me to a smaller office outside the main building. I was not doing a 90 day report. 

I don't think you need to do a 90 days report at the same time, but you should have done them earlier. 

19 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think you need to do a 90 days report at the same time, but you should have done them earlier. 

There is no relationship between my license renewal dates and the reports. 

I start the process on all immigration and license issues well before they are due. It potentially saves a lot of headaches. 

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

I start the process on all immigration and license issues well before they are due. It potentially saves a lot of headaches. 

I renewed my licences the day after the previous ones expired as then I received 6 years validity. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I renewed my licences the day after the previous ones expired as then I received 6 years validity. 

I wasn't aware of that option. Is that an official thing? Seems counterintuitive. Good to know. 

For immigration things, I consider earlier to be better than later though. 

22 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I wasn't aware of that option. Is that an official thing? Seems counterintuitive. Good to know. 

It is likely an error in their system but works for me, done it twice now.

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It's not an error.

It always sets to the next birthday.

I do it as well.

Next birthday +5 I guess. Whatever, I am glad of the extra time, It did seem to confuse a policeman looking at my new licence soon after renewal though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RocketDog said:

been doing it that way since the 90's ????

love the extra year