BANGKOK
Brunolem

Think twice before getting a shot against covid 19

13 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

he very fact that pharmaceutical companies are asking for immunity

As far as I have always understood it, It's always been like this, nothing new, hence the reason they rarely would go down the alley of making vaccines, i.e. until recently when governments threw money at them and guaranteed them immunity.

I'm happy to sit on the sidelines, watch and see how it all pans out with the guinea pigs first, and then make a decision but to be honest, without vaccines in this world, all scepticism aside, I believe it would be a darker place. 

Baby reaction to vaccine

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

Well nobody will be coming into Thailand without it once its validated so people need to make the choice

No vaccine no entry

• Like 2

A vaccine for some won't be good for others. The virus also mutates. 

How many different vaccines will be required?

Guinea pigs first for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Did you overlook the fact that pharmaceuticals companies will not make the decision to put their vaccine on the market. There are standard testing protocols that must be followed, strict compliance is then verified by government agencies

Now of course I'd prefer to get get vaccinated in Europe, or with vaccines approved in Europe, instead of Thailand where graft is likely to get involved in the approval process. I'd have similar concerns regarding products approved in the US, where lobbying often becomes "toxic".

I got the influenza vaccine here in May along with the Pneumonia shot, my research led me to believe it is as safe getting her as it is overseas, wife also got her influenza jab, afterall I could just walk out of there without her sharing the experience, she is a big wuss when it comes to needles, but will take on a venomous snake, go figure 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Well nobody will be coming into Thailand without it once its validated so people need to make the choice

No vaccine no entry

And you have 1st hand knowledge this will be so....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I got a lot of vaccinations overseas, in Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand, and never gave it a thought that it might be less safe than in my home country.

And it is not 

• Sad 1

George Carlin would not have approved of a hastily released vaccine.

His sketch on germs has some amusing opinions.

Youtube search . George Carkin germs.