Think twice before getting a shot against covid 19

Brunolem

13 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

he very fact that pharmaceutical companies are asking for immunity

As far as I have always understood it, It's always been like this, nothing new, hence the reason they rarely would go down the alley of making vaccines, i.e. until recently when governments threw money at them and guaranteed them immunity.

I'm happy to sit on the sidelines, watch and see how it all pans out with the guinea pigs first, and then make a decision but to be honest, without vaccines in this world, all scepticism aside, I believe it would be a darker place. 

Baby reaction to vaccine

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Did you overlook the fact that pharmaceuticals companies will not make the decision to put their vaccine on the market. There are standard testing protocols that must be followed, strict compliance is then verified by government agencies

Now of course I'd prefer to get get vaccinated in Europe, or with vaccines approved in Europe, instead of Thailand where graft is likely to get involved in the approval process. I'd have similar concerns regarding products approved in the US, where lobbying often becomes "toxic".

I got the influenza vaccine here in May along with the Pneumonia shot, my research led me to believe it is as safe getting her as it is overseas, wife also got her influenza jab, afterall I could just walk out of there without her sharing the experience, she is a big wuss when it comes to needles, but will take on a venomous snake, go figure ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Well nobody will be coming into Thailand without it once its validated so people need to make the choice

No vaccine no entry

And you have 1st hand knowledge this will be so....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I got a lot of vaccinations overseas, in Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand, and never gave it a thought that it might be less safe than in my home country.

And it is not 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

Well nobody will be coming into Thailand without it once its validated so people need to make the choice

No vaccine no entry

I hope that's not the new requirement in Thailand. 

Every foreigner need to have covid test and vaccine?

10 minutes ago, warcy said:

I hope that's not the new requirement in Thailand. 

Every foreigner need to have covid test and vaccine?

Fake news on having to be vaccinated started by the post you responded to.  Nothing anywhere that says a vaccination will be required.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've had no vaccinations in over 50 years, been all over the world, I'm still here...

I got my vaccinations because they were required by some of the countries to which I chose to travel or because they were part of the requirements of getting my work permit in some countries. One time, when I had forgotten to get a revaccination in advance, the airlines medical service at the airport of departure administered it to me.

vaccination.jpg.a6d69e480c764d6d01138d5c56f8df79.jpg

It has been suggested by some posters that Thailand may require a SARS-CoV-2 vaccination when the borders reopen and it remains to be seen how this develops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wouldn't trust any vaccine which Trump declares safe on the 2nd November.

Maybe sometime next year. It's definitely a good idea to wait a little. And in reality we have to wait anyhow. It will take some time before any vaccine will be mass produced for billions of people.

The FDA approves vaccines in the US.   There is information about that process here:  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/basics/test-approve.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trucking said:

George Carlin would not have approved of a hastily released vaccine.

His sketch on germs has some amusing opinions.

Youtube search . George Carkin germs.

Ah...George Carlin-the well respected scientist,medical researcher and epidemiologist.

No wonder that Western social media seems to consist of "tweets" produced ad nauseam by the intellectually challenged.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brunolem said:

he very fact that pharmaceutical companies are asking for immunity in case something goes wrong

They have always done that. Why do you continue this fear mongering? Just make your own decision and live with it.

5 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

This NCOVID19 is called SARS2. Go take a look at how the SARS1 vaccine is doing... that will tell you a little about what to expect with the SARS2 vaccine. Hint: things haven't gone well. 

What if Covid-19 vaccine produced is a placebo...

17 hours ago, Chivas said:

No vaccine no entry

I think you might be spot on, I am in my sixties never had a flu shot in my life, but if I need a a vac to get back to Thailand I will

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Really..

George Carlin eh?

What's next..Bugs Bunny..Daffy Duck...W.C Fields?

The spurious claims that American right wing "libertarians" somehow "think" for themselves are accepted only by their ideological compatriots.

So I will "knock " them as much as I like thank you.

Actually, George Carlin was a comedian who's remit was to make people laugh , something he was good at.

His parodying of popular beliefs and opinions was what made him famous. Humorous takes on current affairs , that is all.

To assume he was a serious contributor to anything is in itself commical. 

• Like 1