Think twice before getting a shot against covid 19

Brunolem

12 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

SARS vaccine development was going along just fine until the virus itself disappeared, at which time development stopped because the funding ran out. Why would you worry about there not being a vaccine for a disease that doesn't exist?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/scientists-were-close-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091

Indeed, it was because of the SARS vaccine development that Oxford Uni had undertaken before that it was able to quickly get a Covid 19 vaccine out, a quick copy and past with the virus tweeks (simplistic but you get the gist)

I had a suspected heart condition 10 years ago at 57, and was prescribed with 4 lots of medication. After 2 weeks I was on my knees unable to walk correctly or think correctly.  Checked the likely symptoms on the 2 point printed notes with the medication and between them it listed nearly every known ( known to me ) side effect.

So I stopped taking the medication, went back to the GP who completed no evaluation and was given a cursory 3 minutes of her time.  Since then and from previous experience I try to give medication a miss.  One day I'll be in the unfortunate position here to have to make the decision as to try to 'ride' out any illness I have or risk being incorrectly 'drugged'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaLa said:

I had a suspected heart condition 10 years ago at 57, and was prescribed with 4 lots of medication. After 2 weeks I was on my knees unable to walk correctly or think correctly.  Checked the likely symptoms on the 2 point printed notes with the medication and between them it listed nearly every known ( known to me ) side effect.

So I stopped taking the medication, went back to the GP who completed no evaluation and was given a cursory 3 minutes of her time.  Since then and from previous experience I try to give medication a miss.  One day I'll be in the unfortunate position here to have to make the decision as to try to 'ride' out any illness I have or risk being incorrectly 'drugged'.

Never, ever check the likely symptoms.....it can be fatal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaLa said:

much like what victims go through, when they take up 'Statins!

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

much like what victims go through, when they take up 'Statins!

I take statins, amlodipine, omeprazole, loratadine and Beconase and thank the Lord everyday for the people who developed them. Life, genuinely, would not be worth living without them...especially the last three.

Edited by Surelynot

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Never, ever check the likely symptoms.....it can be fatal.

Luckily I now can't read anything less than 30 point Times New Roman.  Onwards and upwards in complete abandon.  At some point my favourite bar will be fobbing me off with Chang as Leo because I can't read the labels any longer.

• Like 1

yes, the Omeprazole is effectively a pseudo 'vaccine' against stomach ulcers, that were usually a given for all the medications that booger ones tummy. Even the Amlo can have given me heartburn if I haven't eaten something at the time of taking... 

13 hours ago, Scott said:

Your point is taken, however, the early polio vaccine caused a lot of deaths.   The Cutter vaccine was a catastrophe.  There were other mistakes in getting a safe vaccine out.  In general, however, the prevailing attitude was that polio was so dangerous it was worth the risk. 

The Cutter incident was a tragedy, no doubt about it but it has to be put into context. It tragically led to the deaths of 10 people but it was an isolated, one-off occurrence due to a mistake in the manufacture of one particular batch of vaccine in one  specific location (California). The vaccine as developed, tested and licensed did not cause death and no other batches of the vaccine were affected.

It wasn't as if the vaccine was known to cause death and people accepted the risk - it was a mistake by a small family-run company that failed to follow the proper manufacturing procedure.

It also has to be borne in mind that in the decades before the vaccine, polio used to kill or paralyze millions worldwide, every year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Indeed, it was because of the SARS vaccine development that Oxford Uni had undertaken before that it was able to quickly get a Covid 19 vaccine out, a quick copy and past with the virus tweeks (simplistic but you get the gist)

Almost, but not quite - Oxford's vaccine was based on their MERS vaccine, which is currently undergoing trials in Saudi Arabia. It is true that other vaccine development teams (such as SinoVac) have based their current efforts on previous SARS vaccines, however.

Screenshot_20200804-125112.png

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Did you overlook the fact that pharmaceuticals companies will not make the decision to put their vaccine on the market. There are standard testing protocols that must be followed, strict compliance is then verified by government agencies

Now of course I'd prefer to get get vaccinated in Europe, or with vaccines approved in Europe, instead of Thailand where graft is likely to get involved in the approval process. I'd have similar concerns regarding products approved in the US, where lobbying often becomes "toxic".

no corruption in Euroland eh? lol..

• Haha 1