BANGKOK
Pilotman

Wearing Gold - Dangerous or Not?

My partner stopped wearing her gold for everyday wear about 5 years ago. If you listen to the JS100 radio station, there are quite often reports of bag or gold snatches from women heading to work quite early before too many people are around, even at bus stops. I haven't really heard that the situation has got any worse recently though.   

• Like 2

I know Pilotman you are now a big fan of Pattaya.

So, just avoid walking with her on and around the LB at Beach Road and she should be fine.

🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually I would say that the point is valid as a warning to others and could save a persons life as well as property - times are getting tough for a lot of people and we should all be aware of that and act accordingly.

Don't flash gold around and don't drive motorbikes, just 2 things I have learnt on here this weekend..seriously, the advice/warnings on here are just so immeasurable..thank you TVF. 

• Haha 1

One of the first things I noticed when I came here years ago was how Thais love to show off their gold. Hate that attitude. 

Good idea not to show now however. 

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Many accurate sentiments on this thread. Times are tough now. Alot of hardship. Many thefts are acts of desperation. The Thai people are generally not predisposed to this kind of thing. Not like in the PI or Cambodia. But, why not exercise some discretion? Why create the temptation? 

Absolutely!! Great advice right there!!

• Thanks 1

How long before the next poster says times are now tough??

A) Within 2 mins

B) Within 5 mins

C) Within 15 mins

D) At exactly 14:.17hrs

E) Don't know