Wearing Gold - Dangerous or Not?

Pilotman

On 8/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, Crossy said:

I agree with the above sentiments. 

Madam won't wear her gold (even her usual small stuff) when we go shopping, in the past she wouldn't think twice.

There's been people getting robbed when wearing gold while going barhopping for many years. Very stupid imo. I've read several reports about it the last couple of months. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It has already been stated that there is nothing wrong with guys wearing wedding rings.

So what are the exact rules? I really want to be a tough masculine guy so please tell me. Is there a certain size and shape which denotes  masculine jewellry? My wedding ring  is rather large but my wife bought it for me so if it does not suit your rules I can ask her to change it.  The other ring I wear my father left to me when he died when I was 16 years old. Am I being  effeminate wearing it? I don't know what to do with it otherwise  as it is a man's ring and I don't think it will suit my wife. 

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

So what are the exact rules? I really want to be a tough masculine guy so please tell me. Is there a certain size and shape which denotes  masculine jewellry? My wedding ring  is rather large but my wife bought it for me so if it does not suit your rules I can ask her to change it.  The other ring I wear my father left to me when he died when I was 16 years old. Am I being  effeminate wearing it? I don't know what to do with it otherwise  as it is a man's ring and I don't think it will suit my wife. 

This is unbelievable, I am not on about wearing wedding rings, I wore one back in the UK. It is guys flaunting very visible jewelry around their necks I am on about. This is my last word on the subject.

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

This is unbelievable, I am not on about wearing wedding rings, I wore one back in the UK. It is guys flaunting very visible jewelry around their necks I am on about. This is my last word on the subject.

It is not unbelievable. I remember at school there was a guy who turned up with a strange haircut. At lunchtime he was followed around by 800 kids teasing him and calling him gay. That was 35 years ago but from your comments you are implying that the kids were alright bullying him because he shouldn't be effeminate. I know you would not condone it but if you had children if it was your kids would your unconscious comments be sending a  message " he has a right to be different" or "go after him because he is effeminate"? Is it a long but still possible jump to the kids bashing someone in a public park because they are gay? You are saying on a public forum that men who wear jewellery are like girls. It is so old fashioned but I guess from your comments you are a baby boomer and still think like you did 60 years ago.

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Funny, last week I went to BKK with the same intention to sell some gold, but I come back with more gold.

I'm sure the price goes up even more, especially when you see the dollar loses is value more and more.

Agree, however when your 100% in front, why risk it, the way things are going at the moment, it could go either way over night in my opinion. More can sometimes end up being less.

• Thanks 1

Theft is as old as possesions.

Show someone that wants something and that something may well be taken. Despite all precautions, wearing of gold, or more accurately, showing everyone else you are wearing gold, like it or not, could be temptation enough for someone to want to steal it.

The wearing of gold is not, in itself inherently dangerous. It's the fact that someone who covets it may see it.

8 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There's been people getting robbed when wearing gold while going barhopping for many years. Very stupid imo. I've read several reports about it the last couple of months. 

Even Tim sharky ward has been robbed !