Standard EFL Text Book for Government Schools

pj123

Is there a standard set of teaching materials used in government schools or does each school or school district make its own decision? I have read over the years on other forums teachers complaining about the poor quality of teaching materials in Thai schools.

Edited by pj123

Each school makes their own decision in my experience,  however, things may have changed in the last few years. Plus teachers make money by selling their own pamphlets. Course books are generally ok but the teaching is very hit or miss.

i like to see what my friends' children are getting up to in english. each school chooses their own text book, some make wiser decisions than others. what is concerning is the worksheets that teachers produce; both foreign and thai, that often have mistakes or lack clarity and pay no attention to grading of language. i really feel for the students sometimes.

17 minutes ago, pj123 said:

My interest is in writing new text books for Thai students that will be relevant to them.   

555555555555! sorry! You might be better off trying to change the teaching universities and collages!

• 2 weeks later...