Bangkok Hotel Stay. Any special requirements?

IGCKorat

If anyone has recently had a stay in a Bangkok Hotel, can you let me know if there is anything I should be aware of?   I'm desperate for a change of scene for a few days,  but my normal hotel has not re-opened.  I've emailed 2 alternative hotels to ask if there are any formalities I should be aware of,  but neither of them have replied.   I've been in Thailand for almost a year,  on a visa based on retirement.   A heads-up on anything I should be aware of would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Nope.

Like you I needed a change of scene and popped up to Bangkok in early July. I'd a booking with Agoda and beyond the usual giving them the passport for photocopying, it was much as usual, except the hotel was largely empty.

• Like 1

It's all very normal. I've been in hotels in Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and two in Bangkok. Most do breakfast ala carte rather than a big buffet, but otherwise all is normal and facilities (spa, gym, pool) are open. The service is quite personal since some have occupancy rates under 20%. 

I've found the better deals are on the hotel websites rather than on travel sites. There are some five star hotels (check the Marriott site for example) with rates including breakfast in the 2,000-2,500 baht range. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, toenail said:

Can farangs fly into BKK without being quarantined for 2 weeks or having a “sponsor “ ? ( There were stories of this happening back in June.) 

It's August now and a 14 days self isolation in a few provinces is long gone. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IGCKorat said:

A heads-up on anything I should be aware of would be appreciated.

If you can find one that is open, they will take your money.

I have had freids in from phulet, phangan and samui, and while it is getting easier now, all have struggeled to find a room in their primary choices, 75 to 80 percent of the hotels (particularly the smaller ones)  on or around my area, soi 11 sukhumvit remain shut.

Confirm where you want to stay is open, even online booking sites can be misleading.

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I'm there now, 2nd trip in about a month. Nothing special except wearing a mask. And some places (not all) will have someone check your temperature on entry.

i spent 3 nights in a hotel in Bangkok two weeks ago, only difference was I did not see any other guests there at all.

14 hours ago, toenail said:

Can farangs fly into BKK without being quarantined for 2 weeks or having a “sponsor “ ? ( There were stories of this happening back in June.) 

Yes, of course they can.  Bring your friends too - the more the merrier.

Tell them to read the news first as you obviously can't be arsed. ????