How to block unwanted SMS from True Money, True Points, True ID etc?

KeeTua

I have a Samsung smartphone using True-H is there a way to block SMS from True Money, True Points, True ID etc?

Also since Covid I'm getting a scrolling message at the top of my lock screen I'd like to disable: TogetherStaySafe | TRUE-H

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Thanks but I've already tried *137 numerous times. I think the gotcha is in the link you sent: "cancel SMSs and other mobile content, except important mobile service notification SMSs" True must consider their own advertising as important notifications. Maybe there is an app out there that can process SMSs and allow for blocking or automatic deletion without sounds.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with True, endless sms's promoting all sorts of rubbish. I have complained and have been told by True that they are different parts of the organisation and not connected to True Move H. Make of that what you will.

They did stop for a while, but they have come back with a vengeance again, I have just blacklisted them now.

Ha anybody tried to use True points? My wife tried to use them to visit the cinema and was told all the tickets had been allocated for that day, I don't know what that means, are there only so many people can use their promotions on certain days?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KeeTua said:

Thanks but I've already tried *137 numerous times. I think the gotcha is in the link you sent: "cancel SMSs and other mobile content, except important mobile service notification SMSs" True must consider their own advertising as important notifications. Maybe there is an app out there that can process SMSs and allow for blocking or automatic deletion without sounds.

Its so sad its funny....  I heard a guy getting 7 SMS/Day, so he calls them complains now he gets 14.....  I called them said if send dont send thai... they all confused cant do anything..

• Like 1

I changed the provider after unsuccessfully telling those braindead clowns at the True counter in Big C to stop it. Big smile and "OK Misatah" - still bombarded. Went back, other clowns in charge, same Big smile and "done alleady Misatah". Third time round I went to switch to DTAC, keeping the number was another hussle but it worked. And ever since - no hammering at 2am ???? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roodujardin said:

I've been using True for years and with each new SIM upgrade same problem. The only way I found to resolve their spam is to go to any True shop and get them to switch off advertising. This works. 

I'll give this a try.

12 hours ago, KeeTua said:

If *137 don't work for True, then just go to a True shop anywhere and tell them to disable content SMS's. *137 works for AIS and dtac if you do it the correct way. 

I had the same regular garbage from AIS every other day, going to AIS several times to stop these annoying texts made no difference, even after the account had expired by several months.

I binned the SiM

• 9 months later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:34 PM, roodujardin said:

I've been using True for years and with each new SIM upgrade same problem. The only way I found to resolve their spam is to go to any True shop and get them to switch off advertising. This works. 

Yes....it’s the “only “ way I’ve found but it will all co e back around as soon as you add minutes to your phone

Best to do this at True store and to ask each time...if you do online or  at a 7/11 etc....you are hooped????

I was getting a lot of junk SMS’s from various sources, a lot of them True.

*137 worked - cut 95% of the junk messages. 

I still get some unneeded messages from True. 

TrueMove H - Not Junk

TruePoint - Not Junk (but not wanted)

TrueBenifit - Junk IMO !

aCommerce - Junk

I ended up disabling notifications for the specific senders. This workaround is OK for me but may annoy others since you still see the unread messages in the messaging app.

TrueID (the worst offender)
TruePoint
TrueYou
TrueMoney
TrueMove H

TrueMove-H (with hyphen) sends the notifications when topping up the phone otherwise it doesn't appear to send unsolicited SMS.

The ultimate method is to install a dedicated application and use a whitelist. All your contact can be pushed in the white list, then every other numbers who are not in the white list will be considered as spam. If someone new want to call you, he/she should first to inform you his/her number to be add to the whitelist.

And if everybody apply on this, spam would definitely stop because other governemental services would have difficulties to call anyone and would have to care about private life of citizen and punish spammers companies.