Why some people think that there is no virus in Thailand when most people actually do not have any symptoms ?

abonsa

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Much of the credit goes to the Thai  people themselves for not being stupid and selfish as we have seen elsewhere.

Is amazing how stupid/selfish/difficult some people are. I hate them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8562525/Coronavirus-anti-maskers-gather-Melbourne-gym-discuss-manifesto-Bunnings-Karen.html

We testing thousands. Is all negative. If positive we test more people. 

Have you had a test? Why not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

No Thailand  isn't as good as the reports. Thailand would be a special case, and unique if it was. Unique because it would be the only country on the planet without a disease reservoir. 

You mentioned Taiwan (24m people),  which doesn't seem to have a disease reservoir.

Same for New Zealand AFAIK, and Mauritius and quite a few of small islands and territories. 

Vietnam is bigger (95m) and most probably didn't have a disease reservoir for quite a while,  the current outbreak has probably been imported. That can happen if you have hard to control land borders,  and that may happen to Thailand, too. 

And of course western countries can never acknowledge that a developing country from Asia handled things better than the British Empire or God's own country. 

Edited by uhuh
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/2/2020 at 10:15 PM, Jingthing said:

I agree with the O.P. Given the small numbers of testing here and obviously people with no or mild symptoms would not normally even seek testing if they could get it, the chance of there actually being ZERO cases in Thailand in the resident population is ZERO. That's the reason to keep masking and other measures. It is low. Let's keep it that way! One case can become millions without the proper measures as we see in the USA. Until the pandemic is under control globally Thailand isn't out of the woods.

How long? Depends of course. Perhaps two years.

Clearly the only smart way to think, but it seems difficult for many around here...

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 7:37 AM, Mama Noodle said:

Nope, I don’t need anything from a thai person. But FYI in my country you’d get as many free tests as you can line up for regardless of skin color or immigration status, that I would have to foot the bill for, and if you got sick you’d be taken care of and eventually I’d have to foot the bill for that too because it’s illegal to turn people away from the hospital, even if they can’t pay. 

Edit: I wonder if Yinn realizes how much of a republican she is?

Clue of not being an American.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sungod said:

To think its not here is naive, however a largely compliant public and reasonable healthcare system has so far kept it under check.

Myanmar basically adopts the same testing regime as Thailand centered on returnees. Every week there are a handful of imported cases from yes, you guessed it, Thailand!

How do you know about this?