Job offer

stubuzz

I have a job offer and the school has informed me that they are in the process of giving my details to the Ministry of Education. The MoE will then contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who will then contact the Thai Embassy in the UK. This has been going on for about 6 weeks and nothing seems to be happening. I will be very surprised if these departments mange to communicate with each other.

You should get in touch with the Embassy in your country. 

But if the school has already found an employee, it's possible that they don't want to give you a negative message.

That would be considered a loss face and that's not what they want.

You can contact the MoE directly, use a cheap provider, or Skype.

You need to find out if the school has contacted the embassy. or if they just said they would do so.

I hope all goes well for you and things will clear up in no time. Best of luck. 

Contact Details: 

+662 281-9809

Address External Relations Division, Ministry of Education, Rachadamnern Avenue, Bangkok 10300
City Bangkok
Country Thailand
Phone number +662 281-9809
Fax number +662 281 8218
Edited by teacherclaire
Adding something

My school in Thailand advised me about 2 weeks ago that the Labour Department notified them that they were not attending to WP3 applications at this time. Whether this has changed in the meantime, I don't know. I am still waiting for an update from them. So, if the OP does not have a valid work permit it might still be months before the embassy will be able to start his C of E application. 

Edited by oompie69
gender incorrect

On 8/4/2020 at 2:40 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

You're still in the UK? They're trying to get you clearance to enter Thailand?

Yes. I have contacted the Embassy many times and only get generic replies.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:30 AM, stubuzz said:

Yes. I have contacted the Embassy many times and only get generic replies.

There's a whole mess of people still trying to get in. A plane load of Filipinos was just flown in, and is currently in quarantine. They have priority as ASEAN workers. I know of several teachers who were on border runs to the neighboring countries, where they remain stuck, even with work permits and letters from their schools. Sadly, I'm afraid those still further abroad are going to be further down the list.