New Landlord has problem doing online TM-30

My landlord registered and got a user name and password almost immediately.  She was asked to change the password and did it.

When trying to do the online TM-30, though, she entered all my information but was never asked to attach any documents.  When she saved the data, the session just ended.  There was no approval to take a screen shot of. 

Maybe the problem was the Check-in and Check-out dates they asked for?  Because when she searched for the TM30 from the page after login, it said check-in and check-out could only be 7 days apart or less.  (My lease is a year, so she entered the beginning and end date of the lease.  She did put "house" as the accommodation type when registering.)

Any idea what's gone wrong and how to fix?

16 minutes ago, JTXR said:

...it said check-in and check-out could only be 7 days apart or less.

I think you will find that is says the dates entered in the search box can only be 7 days apart (ie you cannot ask the database to tell you every registration for the last year or the last month).

Try entering the search date as 1 day before the date of registration. That should retrieve your database entry. Click on your entry and you should be able to make a screenshot and print.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Try entering the search date as 1 day before the date of registration. That should retrieve your database entry. Click on your entry and you should be able to make a screenshot and print.

I'll ask her to try that tomorrow.  Thanks.

I enter online TM30 details for a number of properties and I have never been asked for copies of passport/visa/lease.

Passport and visa - you enter the details online.

I only supply copies of a lease when guests are applying in person for their visa.

However, different IO offices interpret 'the rules' differently sometimes.

• Like 1

I just PM-ed you a TM30 step-by-step instruction.  It addresses the various options and the steps to to take in order to register on the IO TM30 website as well as how to file your TM30s and making a screenshot of the uploaded TM30 as evidence.

If something went wrong somewhere in the application or TM30 notification it will be easy to pinpoint what to correct.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

No documents need to be uploaded. There is no facility or option to do so even if you want to.

When registering the place you are staying on the IO TM30 website, you need to upload the required documents (scan of passport/thai-ID card of person regitering, as well as scan of house-book and/or rental contract).

To file TM30s of foreigners staying at the registered place, you only need to fill in their data in the required fields (and no need to upload anything).

21 hours ago, JTXR said:

Any idea what's gone wrong and how to fix?

She shall download a xls-file, that's the confirmation. There is a link for downloading the file, it can be printed as receipt; I know from several years experience approved by my immigration office...????

PS: There is no request for uploading any files.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I just PM-ed you a TM30 step-by-step instruction.  It addresses the various options and the steps to to take in order to register on the IO TM30 website as well as how to file your TM30s and making a screenshot of the uploaded TM30 as evidence.

If something went wrong somewhere in the application or TM30 notification it will be easy to pinpoint what to correct.

The immigration TM30 website I use never asks for any uploads of documents.

7 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi, can you please send that to me as well? Thanks in advance.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, JTXR said:

But is it normal that it didn't want copies of my passport/visa and lease uploaded?

She is registering you the same way a hotel or guesthouse would by entering data from your passport incl the departure card. Plus check in and check out dates. 

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

The immigration TM30 website I use never asks for any uploads of documents.

Quite possible, because you live in Samui that created its own version of the IO TM30 website.

But on the 'regular' IO TM30 website used in the rest of Thailand, when REGISTERING the place you are staying, you do need to upload the required documents (scan of passport/thai-ID card of person registering, as well as scan of house-book and/or rental contract).

After having done that there is NO need to upload any documents when FILING TM30s

of foreigners staying at the registered place, you only need to fill in their data in the required fields (and no need to upload anything).

• Thanks 1

OP here.  Well, my landlord, after searching for the the TM30, can now see my data that was entered.  It's a line in a spreadsheet.  Nothing that the TM30 was processed or approved by Immigration.  Is that what she is supposed to take a screenshot of as evidence? 

8 minutes ago, JTXR said:

OP here.  Well, my landlord, after searching for the the TM30, can now see my data that was entered.  It's a line in a spreadsheet.  Nothing that the TM30 was processed or approved by Immigration.  Is that what she is supposed to take a screenshot of as evidence? 

That is all there is, its in the system. You can take a screenshot if you like but immigration can see the entry. If you stay at the hilton hotel, the same thing happens, do you bother getting a screenshot at the hilton ?

1 hour ago, JTXR said:

From the TM30 instruction I PM-ed you >

4 – PRINTING a copy of your TM30 notification

To check whether the TM30 data you uploaded have really been filed, simply open the website again, and on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Enter your username (when it does not appear automatically) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The dates need to be max 7 days apart and have to be in Thai date-notation.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Peter. Could I get a copy of your instructions as well. Cheers.

44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

Peter, yes, thank you for your instructions.  My question is, what does the uploaded TM30 look like?  When we search we get a screen with the username and address on the top, and on the bottom a table with my data as it was entered in the Excel spreadsheet uploaded.  This screen is what serves as the receipt?  If so, great.  Thanks again for your help.

Edited by JTXR

14 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Peter, yes, thank you for your instructions.  My question is, what does the uploaded TM30 look like?  When we search we get a screen with the username and address on the top, and on the bottom a table with my data as it was entered in the Excel spreadsheet uploaded.  This screen is what serves as the receipt?  If so, great.  Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

Yes indeed that's how it looks > A screen with your username and address on top, and on the bottom a table with the data which you entered using the Excel spreadsheet upload.

Just take a screenshot and send that to your e-mail or other on-line service which you can access from your mobile phone.

Cheers, and you are welcome!

8 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Quite possible, because you live in Samui that created its own version of the IO TM30 website.

But on the 'regular' IO TM30 website used in the rest of Thailand, when REGISTERING the place you are staying, you do need to upload the required documents (scan of passport/thai-ID card of person registering, as well as scan of house-book and/or rental contract).

After having done that there is NO need to upload any documents when FILING TM30s

of foreigners staying at the registered place, you only need to fill in their data in the required fields (and no need to upload anything).

Thanks, but I was however referring to register a guest/foreigner, when already registered as house owner/landlord/master-of-household – so it seems to be the same as you...????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

That is all there is, its in the system. You can take a screenshot if you like but immigration can see the entry. If you stay at the hilton hotel, the same thing happens, do you bother getting a screenshot at the hilton ?

You make a good point because I was asked by Thailand Elite that at the time I do my visa switch from Tourist Visa to TE Sticker I provide the TM.30 and should I go through with it I'd be staying at a Marriott in BKK. Wonder if they can actually provide any document I'll be able to use?