Thai GF Getting UK Visa

How do you know that Immigration rules are getting tougher?

I have seen no evidence of that. If your GF satisfies the laid down requirement she will get a visa, if she doesn't then she won't  -  ever has it been the case.

If your GF can provide evidence that she satisfies the 3 key criteria (genuineness of relationship/reason to visit, financial adequacy and reasons to return to Thailand) her visa application will be approved.

12 hours ago, torturedsole said:

More detail please.  Short visit, long visit or permanent visit?

She wants it to be a permanent visit but I highly doubt thats going to be possible.  Would she be able to get a 6 months visa so we could live in UK for 6 months and Thailand for the other 6 months. If this is possible would i have to support her for the 6 months stay in the UK as I suspect her working would be out of the question.

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

How do you know that Immigration rules are getting tougher?

I have seen no evidence of that. If your GF satisfies the laid down requirement she will get a visa, if she doesn't then she won't  -  ever has it been the case.

If your GF can provide evidence that she satisfies the 3 key criteria (genuineness of relationship/reason to visit, financial adequacy and reasons to return to Thailand) her visa application will be approved.

I thought it was getting tougher from what I heard recently on the news but maybe thats for people coming to uk for permanent stay. She has reason to return to Thailand as she has properties in Thailand, what documentation do you have to provide to prove genuineness of relationship, financial adequancy.

47 minutes ago, CFC said:

She wants it to be a permanent visit but I highly doubt thats going to be possible.  Would she be able to get a 6 months visa so we could live in UK for 6 months and Thailand for the other 6 months. If this is possible would i have to support her for the 6 months stay in the UK as I suspect her working would be out of the question.

There's no such class of visa that allows a permanent visit, standard visit visas allow the holder to seek entry into the UK for up to six months, a person who sought to stay in the UK for six months would almost certainly encounter problems either at the application stage or when seeking admission at the UK Border, either on the fist attempt or almost certainly on subsequent attempts.
Entry Clearance and Border Force Officers are required to refuse applicants who are spending too long in the UK by using frequent and successive vists.
Applicants like your girlfriend are going to find it very diffult to satisfy decision makers that they have strong ties to Thailand.

39 minutes ago, CFC said:

I thought it was getting tougher from what I heard recently on the news but maybe thats for people coming to uk for permanent stay. She has reason to return to Thailand as she has properties in Thailand, what documentation do you have to provide to prove genuineness of relationship, financial adequancy.

A person with strong ties to Thailand is unlikely to spend six months in both countries, but as the previous poster has said, a genuine visitor who can satisfy the decision maker of the fact, can prove that a visit is genuine, affordable and that on the balance of probabilities they will return to their home country at the conclusion of their holiday will normally be granted Entry Clearance, though by what you describe, I suspect your girlfriend may well face an uphill stuggle.   

Theoldgit, Thanks for the info. I have been telling her its going to be near on impossible to get a long duration visa. How would we stand if she applied to get a visa to visit for extended holiday say for 1 to 2 months.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

There's no such class of visa that allows a permanent visit, standard visit visas allow the holder to seek entry into the UK for up to six months, a person who sought to stay in the UK for six months would almost certainly encounter problems either at the application stage or when seeking admission at the UK Border, either on the fist attempt or almost certainly on subsequent attempts.
Entry Clearance and Border Force Officers are required to refuse applicants who are spending too long in the UK by using frequent and successive vists.
Applicants like your girlfriend are going to find it very diffult to satisfy decision makers that they have strong ties to Thailand.

A person with strong ties to Thailand is unlikely to spend six months in both countries, but as the previous poster has said, a genuine visitor who can satisfy the decision maker of the fact, can prove that a visit is genuine, affordable and that on the balance of probabilities they will return to their home country at the conclusion of their holiday will normally be granted Entry Clearance, though by what you describe, I suspect your girlfriend may well face an uphill stuggle.   

similar to Canada then. I hear lots of bleating about the hoops here but imo they're harder to jump through where I'm from - and no 'agents' either, at least like the one foreigners use here in the breaking of immigration laws, (though they have arrested and jailed a few that have tried with the applicants deported - probably for good) 

1 hour ago, CFC said:

Theoldgit, Thanks for the info. I have been telling her its going to be near on impossible to get a long duration visa. How would we stand if she applied to get a visa to visit for extended holiday say for 1 to 2 months.

Just to clarify the longer term visas for two, five or ten years are designed for people with a good immigration history who can satisfy decision makers that

they have a compelling reason to visit over a period of time and have strong ties to their home country.

Standard Visit Visas are routinely issued with a six month validity, even if the applicant has indicated they wish to visit for a couple of weeks or a month or two, applications are considered on the applicants ties to their home country, affordability and the reason for the visit. If an applicant indicates that they wish to visit for a month and then stays for six, she hasn’t broken any laws but ECO’s will no doubt question their credibility in any future application.

To address your actual question, an application will be considered on all the evidence, so if the reasons to visit and the ties to their home country justify a visa based on a longer stay, then all probability a visa will be granted.

She shouldn’t forget that possession of a visa doesn’t automatically grant her entry at the UK Border, Border Force Officers will need to be satisfied they remain a genuine visitor and have access to her application.   

Post in breach of Forum Rules removed, along with a measured response.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

A further unhelpful post also removed.

Presumably of interest to this board?

The Home Office has agreed to stop using a computer algorithm to help decide visa applications after allegations that it contained "entrenched racism".

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) and digital rights group Foxglove launched a legal challenge against the system.

Foxglove characterised it as "speedy boarding for white people".

The Home Office, however, said it did not accept that description....

Home Office drops 'racist' algorithm from visa decisions

Archived