U.S. election will be Nov. 3 as planned - Trump advisers

webfact

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Besides completely sidestepping my comment, it made no sense at all since its Trump whose saying "what might happen". And btw, are you thanking "Mr President" for indirectly providing amusement for yourself? He's been doing a bang-up job of that (directly) since he moved into the WH and now the U.S. is the laughing stock of the world.

Now who's sidestepping, talking heads on lib stations were coming up with all kinds of scenarios. I think the US is awesome, don't much care what you think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Mail in voting is already in place and has been used in every Federal Election since the Civil War.

The bigger issue is ‘voter suppression’.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2018/11/20/461296/voter-suppression-2018-midterm-elections/

My official request for a U.S. Absentee Ballot was mailed June 27, 2020 from a Thailand Post Office by EMS Mail EE181166561TH. The letter finally reached US Customs July 20, 2020 where the tracking says it is still being “processed”. The question is raised as to why this official voting request by a US citizen is being delayed? I ask anyone to forward this information to anyone in authority to notify of the problem. Is it an isolated issue or is this a systemic issue, further, what are the reasons for the delay within the a United States Postal System? Feel free to cite my name for this purpose.

32 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

People are dying in their thousands and the economy is tanking. What is the dimwit in the WH doing? Baiting.

A big thanks to Evenkeel for pointing that out while spectacularly failing to realize what that says about trump and his remaining supporters. But let's look at the bright side, at least you're good for the occasional comic relief.

That's right dems are always good for a laugh, always.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

My official request for a U.S. Absentee Ballot was mailed June 27, 2020 from a Thailand Post Office by EMS Mail EE181166561TH. The letter finally reached US Customs July 20, 2020 where the tracking says it is still being “processed”. The question is raised as to why this official voting request by a US citizen is being delayed? I ask anyone to forward this information to anyone in authority to notify of the problem. Is it an isolated issue or is this a systemic issue, further, what are the reasons for the delay within the a United States Postal System? Feel free to cite my name for this purpose.

More likely a problem with the Thai mail system than the US mail.  A few years ago I had one absentee ballot for a primary election arrive months after I requested it, on election day. It was useless at that point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

More likely a problem with the Thai mail system than the US mail.  A few years ago I had one absentee ballot for a primary election arrive months after I requested it, on election day. It was useless at that point.

June 27 was the mailing date in Thailand. I agree, Thaipost was responsible until July 20, when the mail was tracked by both the Thaipost and the United States Postal Service as the mail being in the hands of the US system. Why it is being, "processed" by US Customs, Chicago is a mystery but it has stalled there with no onward progress since July 20 (as of this morning Aug. 3 here in Thailand).