Are Thailand's coronavirus numbers too good to be true?

webfact

Are Thailand's coronavirus numbers too good to be true?

vi.jpg

video screenshot

Thailand reports that it has crushed Covid-19 despite being a well-known hub for tourists, but is it too good to be true? CNN's Anna Coren reports.

Source: CNN

cnn.jpg

-- © Copyright CNN 2020-08-03

39 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Did it ever occur to you the face mask/social distancing thing is the reason why the numbers are low.

It's doing no harm by keeping up these practices.

If you do not test the public then you never know the true numbers, and with the majority having just symptoms of a seasonal cold or such, not many go to the doctors or clinics.  Yesterday on the MRT on my way home, it was packed at 7 pm and it was a cough fest with people trying to push away from where the coughing was coming from each time it started.  Felt like my GF and I would get crushed into a corner.  The Thai people are definitely afraid of Covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

What would be the advantage to ANY government by hiding figures about this virus?

Can a government alone handle the situation without the cooperation of its citizens?

Is it possible for any government to hide mass deaths, if it is happening?

Can infected patients be hidden in public hospitals?

(Not trying to prove anything, just asking!)

Yes, because the people obfuscating the figures are politicians, and public opinion is their bread and butter. 

No. 

Yes, but I’m not saying that’s happening. Considering most people here don’t even get an autopsy or even have their death investigated in any way certainly makes it easier to do though, if they were compelled to do so. 

Don’t know if they are infected if they aren’t tested, do we. 

Im not saying Thailand is hiding mass deaths nor that they aren’t doing well, I’m saying that there’s got to be more to the story and it’s a fact that they have had more cases than were officially detected. 

• Confused 4

43 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Did it ever occur to you the face mask/social distancing thing is the reason why the numbers are low.

It's doing no harm by keeping up these practices.

Strange how the masks and social distancing aren't working in some countries, yet are working in others.  Argentina has been on a super strict lockdown and masks required, yet their cases are high.  

Masks and social distancing isn't the reason why the numbers here are low.  Call it luck, a fluke, no testing, genetics, same as Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar, Vietnam ( even though they just had some illegals enter their country and start the spread, according to accounts I've read)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J Town said:

As usual, you could not be more wrong. You would not have commented if I had not made a reference to 45.

So provide the link which verifies the comments you wrote then, I for one and many others would probably enjoy reading new information as to the hiding of numbers in the US.  By the way I am not a fan of any government official either here, the US or in the UK.

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

No these are fact deniers don't like. 

So as I have said please provide a link to where this information can be found.  If not 3rd party comments have no truth to them and are just treated as hearsay