Thailand release date for PS5

Sony has said that the PS5 will be released for the holiday season 2020. November - December. That first offering is usually for Japan and North America. Is there as rumors to when the PS5 will be available in Thailand?

There are no rumours as far as I am aware, but with the PS4, Thailand got it officially 2 months after North America, which was a month before Japan got it! Seeing as there have been the COVID-19 related manufacturing issues, it is likely the PS5 release will be delayed for small markets like Thailand. If you are in a rush, you can always get it at Play-Asia and pay a considerable premium.

Edited by Amplish
spelling mistake
  • 1 month later...

Now that Sony has said they will release PS5 on November 12 in the west and November 19 in the rest of the world are companies like nadz project taking pre orders. I read that all pre orders sold out in 1 day for the UK. I would love to get my hands on one prior to Christmas.

Might have to bite the bullet and pay the playasia premium price... The preorders are sold out at home in Australia till middle of next year apparently.. That's crazy. Might have to end up with an xbox?

On 9/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, pubba said:

Might have to bite the bullet and pay the playasia premium price... The preorders are sold out at home in Australia till middle of next year apparently.. That's crazy. Might have to end up with an xbox?

Don’t wanna start a console fan boy war but the Xbox is a better choice imho, Xbox has game pass witch is basically nextflix for games where as ps5 games are going to cost $70 a pop, but tbf getting a Xbox here is probably even more hard because they are not big in Asia I had to send one from the uk because it was so much cheaper last gen  

On 9/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, mikeyjj said:

Don’t wanna start a console fan boy war but the Xbox is a better choice imho, Xbox has game pass witch is basically nextflix for games where as ps5 games are going to cost $70 a pop, but tbf getting a Xbox here is probably even more hard because they are not big in Asia I had to send one from the uk because it was so much cheaper last gen  

i take time to finish AAA titles, which puts me at a disadvantage with game pass ultimate. at $15/month, i'll have to finish a AAA game in 5 months or less to get the same value. any longer, it makes better sense to buy the game instead of game pass.

at any rate, i'm not in a hurry to get either one. my backlog is likely to keep me busy until the PS8 or "xbox series whatever" comes out. 

Edited by irwinfc

5 months to finish a game? I am only home when I am not working. I went back to Thailand last year from china for Chinese new year. Flew out on Jan 24 and because of covid-19 came back on Feb 13. It was like 2 days later that they closed the border. I have not been back home since. In those 3 weeks I played and finished Days Gone and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I am sure that you are a busy man. Which is why it takes you 5 months. I can only play when I am home. Kids Ps4. When I get into a game it is like a drug. I play like an addict. My father bought my brothers and I an Atari 2600 in 1980. He paid $500 for it. You do the inflation. I have owned every system since. Addiction??? well yes. It is a great way to bond with your children. All I am saying is that I can not wait? I bought my boys Last of Us 2 but have not got home yet to play. Can not wait for that as well. My youngest son's favorite game is Dying Light The Following. I am sure that Dying Light 2 on PS5 will not disappoint.  Nor will GTA 6. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Amplish said:

I think 2021, if you look at PS4 launch it was November in the major markets, Thailand didn't get it officially until the following January.

I guess playasia will allow to order from overseas but the cost might be silly.