Thailand release date for PS5

cangolfbuilder

There are no rumours as far as I am aware, but with the PS4, Thailand got it officially 2 months after North America, which was a month before Japan got it! Seeing as there have been the COVID-19 related manufacturing issues, it is likely the PS5 release will be delayed for small markets like Thailand. If you are in a rush, you can always get it at Play-Asia and pay a considerable premium.

Edited by Amplish
spelling mistake

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, pubba said:

Might have to bite the bullet and pay the playasia premium price... The preorders are sold out at home in Australia till middle of next year apparently.. That's crazy. Might have to end up with an xbox?

Don’t wanna start a console fan boy war but the Xbox is a better choice imho, Xbox has game pass witch is basically nextflix for games where as ps5 games are going to cost $70 a pop, but tbf getting a Xbox here is probably even more hard because they are not big in Asia I had to send one from the uk because it was so much cheaper last gen  

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, mikeyjj said:

Don’t wanna start a console fan boy war but the Xbox is a better choice imho, Xbox has game pass witch is basically nextflix for games where as ps5 games are going to cost $70 a pop, but tbf getting a Xbox here is probably even more hard because they are not big in Asia I had to send one from the uk because it was so much cheaper last gen  

i take time to finish AAA titles, which puts me at a disadvantage with game pass ultimate. at $15/month, i'll have to finish a AAA game in 5 months or less to get the same value. any longer, it makes better sense to buy the game instead of game pass.

at any rate, i'm not in a hurry to get either one. my backlog is likely to keep me busy until the PS8 or "xbox series whatever" comes out. 

Edited by irwinfc

5 months to finish a game? I am only home when I am not working. I went back to Thailand last year from china for Chinese new year. Flew out on Jan 24 and because of covid-19 came back on Feb 13. It was like 2 days later that they closed the border. I have not been back home since. In those 3 weeks I played and finished Days Gone and Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I am sure that you are a busy man. Which is why it takes you 5 months. I can only play when I am home. Kids Ps4. When I get into a game it is like a drug. I play like an addict. My father bought my brothers and I an Atari 2600 in 1980. He paid $500 for it. You do the inflation. I have owned every system since. Addiction??? well yes. It is a great way to bond with your children. All I am saying is that I can not wait? I bought my boys Last of Us 2 but have not got home yet to play. Can not wait for that as well. My youngest son's favorite game is Dying Light The Following. I am sure that Dying Light 2 on PS5 will not disappoint.  Nor will GTA 6. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Amplish said:

I think 2021, if you look at PS4 launch it was November in the major markets, Thailand didn't get it officially until the following January.

I guess playasia will allow to order from overseas but the cost might be silly. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this as they have xbox series s in stock https://www.play-asia.com/xbox-series-s/13/70dpwz which is 13,000 baht including shipping, so not too outrageous a price.  

Anyone used these guys before?  How long is their delivery times to get here?   Would it get held up in customs and what would be the likely custom charge for this?   I'm not sure if I will actually buy it from here as I would prefer the series x (which they do not have in stock), but have a weakness for shiny new toys so may not be able to help myself.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, James105 said:

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this as they have xbox series s in stock https://www.play-asia.com/xbox-series-s/13/70dpwz which is 13,000 baht including shipping, so not too outrageous a price.  

Anyone used these guys before?  How long is their delivery times to get here?   Would it get held up in customs and what would be the likely custom charge for this?   I'm not sure if I will actually buy it from here as I would prefer the series x (which they do not have in stock), but have a weakness for shiny new toys so may not be able to help myself.   

bit late but play-asia is legit.

not sure about taxes because it depends which somchai you get

sometimes its nothing, most times its outrageous.. ymmv.

I was tempted by a Series X from expansys but they had the price at 18500 and they had 2, i didn't buy and now its over 26500

I don't like to participate in their super scalping.. i don't need a series X that much, i have a much better computer and literally thousands of games to play

would have bought it closer to retail price tho just because i have xbox gamepass ultimate already

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some PS5 on shoppee but the price is nuts... 44900 baht.

They're sold out in Australia right through till next year, so no luck there either.

I'll just wait till Sony officially launch it here sometime next year. Cybeperunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion and Sackboy will keep us busy for at least a few months anyway.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, pubba said:

I've seen some PS5 on shoppee but the price is nuts... 44900 baht.

They're sold out in Australia right through till next year, so no luck there either.

I'll just wait till Sony officially launch it here sometime next year. Cybeperunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion and Sackboy will keep us busy for at least a few months anyway.

If I recall correctly, I think I saw something about how CyberPunk 2077 is/will be different on console compared to PC. Any truth to that? Lots of bugs in it at the moment apparently, on the PC at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the confirmation e-mail from Sony, pre-orders will go live on the online shop https://store.sony.co.th/ on 22 January at 11:00. So in Thailand they are trying to beat the scalpers by restricting it to pre-orders directly from Sony, with one order/account (either the normal PS5 or the digital edition, not both).

PS5 with blu-ray drive) 16,990

PS5 Digital edition 13,990

Dual sense controller 2,390

Pulse 3D headphone 3,490

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, Amplish said:

Just got the confirmation e-mail from Sony, pre-orders will go live on the online shop https://store.sony.co.th/ on 22 January at 11:00. So in Thailand they are trying to beat the scalpers by restricting it to pre-orders directly from Sony, with one order/account (either the normal PS5 or the digital edition, not both).

PS5 with blu-ray drive) 16,990

PS5 Digital edition 13,990

Dual sense controller 2,390

Pulse 3D headphone 3,490

Seems like Sony didn't learn anything from other launches elsewhere in the world - BananaIT were sold out within 30 seconds, the Sony online store crashed and pre-ordering postponed until 25th.  Powerbuy didn't seem to bother as far as I could tell.   

Anyone get any success in ordering one?  I failed miserably ????

I got a confirmed order, and the store has since posted that they will refund everyone who has already paid... Not sure on more details.. 

Absolute <deleted> show of a pre-order.. I don't even know why they bothered to announce it.  Nadz said they did successfully, but i never got the link to their special form.  Sony claimed that noone could log in.. It was because they were being blocked by a IP because too many people were hitting the site, but i used a VPN and was logged in and they never went live. Powerbuy didn't seem to bother. 

16 hours ago, Croma said:

I got a confirmed order, and the store has since posted that they will refund everyone who has already paid... Not sure on more details.. 

Absolute <deleted> show of a pre-order.. I don't even know why they bothered to announce it.  Nadz said they did successfully, but i never got the link to their special form.  Sony claimed that noone could log in.. It was because they were being blocked by a IP because too many people were hitting the site, but i used a VPN and was logged in and they never went live. Powerbuy didn't seem to bother. 

Agreed absolute disaster. Not sure why they weren't better prepared. 

I got one of Opensource but they've since said they will refund. I'm still waiting for the refund. 

They got 1000 orders but only 10 units ????????

See what happens next week. Do you know it dotLife went live? I tried them but there website seemed useless at 11am. 

Hopefully next week, Sony & some other etailers will have another go at it & give us another chance. I think I need a bot to stand a chance but wouldn't know where to start. Refresh & pray for me haha 

According to a message on the Sony Thailand store, the pre-order has been post-poned to 27 January at 11:00. I don't think it will be much different than the first round. It would be better to just make this into a lottery for all those that have expressed interest, instead of another free-for-all franctic refresh attempt.

I will still try to secure an order, but with no expectation getting an actual order in. Honestly, this feels more like trolling on behalve of Sony at the moment.

There we go again...

3 hours ago, Amplish said:

According to a message on the Sony Thailand store, the pre-order has been post-poned to 27 January at 11:00. I don't think it will be much different than the first round. It would be better to just make this into a lottery for all those that have expressed interest, instead of another free-for-all franctic refresh attempt.

I will still try to secure an order, but with no expectation getting an actual order in. Honestly, this feels more like trolling on behalve of Sony at the moment.

There we go again...

Agreed it's horrible. I'll try again tomorrow with low expectations, then I expect would be March / April before another restock. 

Have you considered importing one from your home country?

3 hours ago, coasterkid said:

Agreed it's horrible. I'll try again tomorrow with low expectations, then I expect would be March / April before another restock. 

Have you considered importing one from your home country?

Not considering importing, as stock issues are global. Not a fan of paying over the odds. Add shipping/taxes and that doesn't make much financial sense. I can wait a few months, still have my PS4 pro plugged in, also have a Switch so I am fine for my gaming needs.

15 hours ago, Amplish said:

Not considering importing, as stock issues are global. Not a fan of paying over the odds. Add shipping/taxes and that doesn't make much financial sense. I can wait a few months, still have my PS4 pro plugged in, also have a Switch so I am fine for my gaming needs.

Sensible, I should wait really. Nothing spoiling I guess. I'll still try at 11am today though. Good luck ????

1 hour ago, coasterkid said:

Sensible, I should wait really. Nothing spoiling I guess. I'll still try at 11am today though. Good luck ????

No luck for me today.

Did you or anyone else get an order in? Despite the site not crashing this time, I never saw anything becoming available to (pre) order. Admittedly I only tried the first 5 minutes. Only when checking again a few minutes ago, I saw that both PS5 SKUs are now marked sold-out. Good for those that did manage to squeeze in an order.

Nothing for me either. I was trying digital, I've noticed that both SKU have gone back to pre-order. 

Maybe nobody was able to place an order so they will try releasing again soon. Not sure maybe I'm clutching at straws. Be interested to know if anybody was successful at 11am.