Thailand release date for PS5

cangolfbuilder

Managed to order one from the Sony webstore as a combo with a TV and got it delivered last Friday. They had even taken the effort to hide the fact there was a PS5 in the delivery, by packing the PS5 box into a bland brown box. Amazing console. Very happy with it, the controller is something special.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone try and fail again to get one in the latest round of pre-orders?  The system of ordering these things is beyond stupid.    I presume that every 2 weeks they are going to announce pre-orders again, then every 2 weeks every single web store that is selling them will crash due to high demand, and the few sites that didn't crash are sold out in about 30 seconds.  I nearly got one from Banana IT but they only had a Thai form and my girlfriend is at work and didn't manage to complete it in time before that one also sold out. Almost got one from Nadz, but they are using Google forms and the demand managed to crash that one too after I clicked the submit button..     

I don't mind pre-ordering, paying and then waiting however long it takes to get around to me, but this pre-order "show" where they immediately close the pre-orders as soon as their quota is gone is just... stupid.        

Why can they not just keep the pre-orders open, let people pay and deliver as and when they get stock?   

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, mikeyjj said:

Don’t wanna start a console fan boy war but the Xbox is a better choice imho, Xbox has game pass witch is basically nextflix for games where as ps5 games are going to cost $70 a pop, but tbf getting a Xbox here is probably even more hard because they are not big in Asia I had to send one from the uk because it was so much cheaper last gen  

Ok but how can you have access to game pass in Thailand?

• 1 year later...

Has anyone been able to get a PS5 in Thailabd, at MRRP? I am still trying after 2.25 years !!  I am not paying the scalpers prices. The best i have seen is from the Sony Store at 18,690 but i am never able to get one before thay are sold out.  Any other possible sellers?

• 1 month later...

A miracle, finally got my PS5. Had to buy from Amazon UK, which took 15 days to deliver and cost 45 GBP in postage.  Total cost 543 GBP, 22,500 baht, not too bad, includes postage and the God of War game. The GoW game is just a download code though which of course you can't use in Thailand. A major problem to set up a Dutch Sony account to get the game. My advice is just to buy the PS5 without a game. A great console and controller though. Anyone want to buy my old PS4?

Edited by Henryford

• 7 months later...