Bangkok: Seventy five tourists evacuated as sightseeing boat sinks in the Chao Praya

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh!! Boat sinking season, just in time for the hordes of Chinese they're thinking about letting in.  Can't make this up!!

I am not a marine Safety Engineer, but if you have a oat that is 3 storys high above the Water Line with a Draft of maybe only 1 Metre, then its top heavy. Probably built this way with the sole o

You can always depend on a safe time in Thailand with the highest safety standards. How many life jackets on board? 

Posted Images

Thank god for quick thinking captains TAT nearly had to adjust their arrival/departure figures with some more horizontal ones🤔

I can't help thinking the "private pier" owner will be mightily pi$$ed at the pile of junk (pun intended) blocking his jetty!

kudos to the Captain and crew, everyone safe and well. 

But Im guessing the mooring fees might be a little exe 🤣

Cheers

GBW 

Does a look a little top heavy with it not taking much to move its centre of balance to an unstable position.

5 hours ago, leither69 said:

Ahh!! Boat sinking season, just in time for the hordes of Chinese they're thinking about letting in.  Can't make this up!!

5 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

You can always depend on a safe time in Thailand with the highest safety standards. How many life jackets on board? 

5 hours ago, rtco said:

Welcome to Thailand where we are "SAFETY FIRST" ... well according to all the signage we are anyway

yes, only in Thailand..............

Screenshot 2020-08-03 20.45.53.jpg

In the immortal [edited] words of B. A. Baracus, "I aint gettin' on no Thai rust bucket boat, Hannibal."

Seriously, who embarks these deathtraps? I'd take one look at that boat and my mind would be made up.  

I can’t imagine a worse body of water to sink in.  One gulp of that soupy vile cesspool would certainly lead to tragic consequences.  The only advantage that the river would provide is all the buoyant trash and debris floating on the surface that would help a stranded survivor stay afloat.

2 hours ago, Duckster said:

I can’t imagine a worse body of water to sink in.  One gulp of that soupy vile cesspool would certainly lead to tragic consequences.  The only advantage that the river would provide is all the buoyant trash and debris floating on the surface that would help a stranded survivor stay afloat.

some actually fish in it ... and the Klongs look ten times worse 🤮

19 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

The biggest worry the boat was tied up at a private pier. 😀😀