Is this the final extension ?

Is September 26 the final extension?

i saw mr Richard burrows posted that immigration have said that this is the last extension they will be offering and after 26 September overstay fines will come into effect? So they have already made their decision on how the next couple of months will play out then?

the situation in Europe is still a joke but just checking if anybody else is still under this impression this is litterally the last date we can all stay here or .... there is still a chance they will extend it. Let’s say to the end of the year 555

• Haha 1

Various quasi-officials (pretty much everyone here who wears a uni and works in government) have been quoted as saying that this will be the last "universal" extension.

Some embassies have said they will not be issuing extension letters, and that extensions will be up to Thai Imm.

That said, probably no one can answer your question until 26 Sep. 

• Like 2

It’s not so much that people are ‘stuck’ here.. it’s just much safer here than let’s say back in UK or usa

As long as tourists can’t get back In. They defo should keep the ones who remain and spend the thai baht in Thailand 555

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Impossible to say now. But I do notice that the Thai govt has started arranging and announcing repatriation flights from Thailand to Western countries specifically to enable stranded foreigners to return.

If such flights exist to where you are from and you chose not to avail of them this may be taken into account.

Are you sure about this? Surely the Thai gov will only be arranging these type of flight for Thai's to come back? 

And why would a foreigner be stranded when there are still commercial flights going out, albeit not that many?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

But I do notice that the Thai govt has started arranging and announcing repatriation flights from Thailand to Western countries specifically to enable stranded foreigners to return.

Thai Airways have announced some flights but they are not repatriation flights. They will be returning as repatriation flights for Thai's and others which is why Thai has are offering the flights out of the country

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thai Airways have announced some flights but they are not repatriation flights. They will be returning as repatriation flights for Thai's and others which is why Thai has are offering the flights out of the country

As I thought.

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

I think this will continue until March-April 2021. the high season will be cancelled this year.

Perhaps they will extend it to the end of this year atleast. Not all in one go obviously as they don’t want us all to have a party about it . But 30-60 days at a time.

I’d imagine we won’t hear an announcement until atleast September 1 ish?

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

My point being that the govt seems to be making an effort to ensure flights home for "stranded" foreigners  are available and publicized as such. This might effect whether people from such countries can get subsequent extensions/amnesty.

The only involvement by the government is the return of those flights and Thai taking passengers out the country will save some money and make a little money for Thai Airways.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Impossible to say now. But I do notice that the Thai govt has started arranging and announcing repatriation flights from Thailand to Western countries specifically to enable stranded foreigners to return.

That is correct.

Again just a few hours ago spoke with 2 junior IO officers from the regional Kalasin office and the regional Sakhon Nakhon office, both gave me the same typical answers (they don't even know each other, it's through two distinct branches of my ex and current girlfriend families to make it clear, they have no motives to collude together); the current "mood" or "atmosphere" through the country various immigration offices is the same:

You have until the 26th September to get your stuff ready and leave on your own... or else...

It would seem the first amnesty they gave us has been seen and percieved as a "loss of face" or "som nam na" in the upper circles at Chaeng Wattana, according to their Thai logic, the amnesty should have given us foreigners enough time to pack on our own and leave the Kingdom within said amnesty.

However some (if not all) of us have misused this amnesty as an opportunity to maintain ourselves legally in the Kingdom longer than we should have and certainly longer than THEY (the BiB) wanted us to.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news again, but you should definitely start packing and get ready to leave for the 26th September, that is the deadline.

After that it's hunting season.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

Is September 26 the final extension?

i saw mr Richard burrows posted that immigration have said that this is the last extension they will be offering and after 26 September overstay fines will come into effect? So they have already made their decision on how the next couple of months will play out then?

Considering that the CCSA and cabinet rejected the Immigration departments proposal to end the amnesty last Friday and embark on 6 weeks of 'grace' for those 'stranded' here to formalize their departure plans or legalize their plans to stay longer, anything Immigration says in the interim is pure conjecture. They may well have made an internal decision to end the amnesty but it needs the CCSA and cabinet discussion and the PM's approval to become law.

47 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:
56 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If such flights exist to where you are from and you chose not to avail of them this may be taken into account.

Are you sure about this? Surely the Thai gov will only be arranging these type of flight for Thai's to come back? 

And why would a foreigner be stranded when there are still commercial flights going out, albeit not that many?

I checked Suvarnabhumi's online flight status yesterday and there were 38 outbound, international flights.

Yes, the Thai MFA are handling who all gets a seat on inbound repatriation flights but for those 'stranded' in Thailand, flights are available with lower than normal one-way airfares and are bookable and payable online. All theses 'stranded' foreigners need to do is comply with the pandemic related health regulations pre-boarding , in-flight and at their final destination.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I checked Suvarnabhumi's online flight status yesterday and there were 38 outbound, international flights.

Which is the double amount of outbound flights compared to say... a week ago.

Cometh the 26th of September, this whole stranded excuse won't have a leg to stand on any longer, believe me.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My count was 32 (ex-BKK), excluding code-shares and cargo flights, Sunday seems like the busiest day for departures.

But you are correct; I doubt people will be able to use a lack of flights as an excuse?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am seen nothing official stating it is the last extension of the ministerial notice.

I think it will depend upon the situation for departure and entry by land, see or air. 

BA5F5176-3F09-48FB-9978-B77311A02FB8.jpeg.0e69225544d2c7353dcec7e266f4e158.jpeg

I think article 1 makes it clear that foreigners will have to follow the normal immigration laws after September 26.  Also note, this statement was not in the previous ministerial notices.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Nobody can know the answer, it will depend on numerous factors, the main ones being the borders open with complete freedom of movement (by air/land) with neighboring countries.

I think the criteria will be whether or not you can get back to your own country.

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

I think the criteria will be whether or not you can get back to your own country.

I suspect NOT  -  in the eyes of Thai Immigration.

Getting out will be the requirement; they will say "up to you" where you go.

Just now, mokwit said:

To be fair, it’s pretty much always been possible to get back to your own country.. however the problem is that flights have been cancelled left right and centre daily. 

this is why most folk have opted to just stay here... it’s not that they are ‘stuck here’ just that they are safer here. The UK is a joke right now and as for the USA... well!

not everyone needing to fly home needs 1 flight and may need a connecting flight but the problem as I said is flights are getting cancelled so what’s the point risking getting stuck half way to home when you can just stay here?

i am enjoying the use of this free amnesty and long may it continue.. and when 26th September comes and if it doesn’t get extending I shall expect to be complaining on these forums about how I wasn’t given enough time or notice to leave Thailand 55

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I suspect NOT  -  in the eyes of Thai Immigration.

Getting out will be the requirement; they will say "up to you" where you go.

I'm sure that is what they want, but it then requires that another country accepts you, whereas your own country should - I was drawing on the rules for deportation - you can't be deported to a thirsd country - only your passport country (or where you came from?)

Don't forget that they have stipulated a letter from your embassy - to me that indicates they are looking at home country return.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Correct. The flights making the headlines are for returning to Thailand...not exiting.