Is this the final extension ?

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You could have gone QR via Doha early this morning, taken EVA direct to London yesterday afternoon and tonight could also hop over to Amsterdam on KLM.

EVA have had 3/4 flights cancelled 03/04.

I could have put all my money on black and had a better chance of winning.

I can't believe people who don't need to leave are even posting in these threads if it's not to help. Actually, I do. Forget what I just said ????.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m ready to fly in this Friday, I’ve been out for 179 days and the family are ready for me to return. But longer term this COVID thing is going to run for a looooooong time

I firmly believe if anyone truly wants to leave (or arrive) they can do it.

Toughen up and make your move.

1 hour ago, finy said:

Can anyone show where international flights are leaving daily or are you just talking rubbish?

Thirty-two international flights departed SBIA/BKK yesterday.

Ten international flights have departed today, up to 15:00-ish, with another nine scheduled for the remainder of today.

That AoT website is useless.

Sunday's are the busiest. 

Where do you need to go?

Chances are good you could get a flight there within the next 7 days, perhaps as early as tonight.

Edited by mtls2005

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Personally I think Thai immigration has been incredibly generous to date but clearly that cant continue indefinately because this Covid is here to stay

So yes September 26th and you're out or on overstay with fines levied.

It's not Immigration that has been generous it is the MFA and the cabinet, and in the end, they will decide the situation, and they can decide to overrule immigration's decisions and desires as they have already done twice. Of course that doesn't mean that the cabinet will do it a 3rd time, but, for all the people who resent those on amnesty and want them out, it is not immigration's decision.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Thirty-two international flights departed SBIA/BKK yesterday.

Ten international flights have departed today, up to 15:00-ish, with another nine scheduled for the remainder of today.

That AoT website is useless.

Sunday's are the busiest. 

Where do you need to go?

Chances are good you could get a flight there within the next 7 days, perhaps as early as tonight.

Can you tell me the website where you're getting your information?

I'll use it to check what airlines seem to be more reliable and come up with a plan of action.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

but something has changed - gov has implied, in the first line no less, extend or leave by 26th. this is not an amnesty extension it's a grace period. everyone has 2 months to get their immigration affairs in order.

so if i follow your logic, something ELSE would need to change in order for them to drop the grace period or extend it. my money would be on a second thai wave being the only thing to change their stance (internationally it would be seen as cruel to force people through airports under this circumstance) anything else would be seen as "they were advised months ago"

grace period for getting extensions and sorting out long stay visas. If you read ubon joe's posts there is no difference in the language of the thai text when moving to the new date for those on tourist visas of any type. It is just a different word being used by the translators.

Edited by vermin on arrival
  • Like 1

3 possible outcomes:

1. amnesty is extended again (best)

2. borders open (good because we can hop to the border and apply for new visa at thai embassy)

3. borders closed/no extention for amnesty. (worst case scenario)

then we are forced out of the country with no signs on when we will be allowed back in.

Edited by acenase
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

but something has changed - gov has implied, in the first line no less, extend or leave by 26th. this is not an amnesty extension it's a grace period. everyone has 2 months to get their immigration affairs in order.

so if i follow your logic, something ELSE would need to change in order for them to drop the grace period or extend it. my money would be on a second thai wave being the only thing to change their stance (internationally it would be seen as cruel to force people through airports under this circumstance) anything else would be seen as "they were advised months ago"

The "grace period" was a wishful thinking by some high Immigration officer right before the amnesty was granted. We are in "amnesty" right now. In the worst case scenario, we will be given more time to leave after 26.09. Like 2 weeks or even more.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 2

Its the exact same amnesty as the last one, immigration or who ever is just trying to put a spin on it. 

Nothing is different between this one or the last one.

Any way its not up to immigration to decide what happens, its down to the government.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimmjam said:

Its the exact same amnesty as the last one, immigration or who ever is just trying to put a spin on it. 

Nothing is different between this one or the last one.

Any way its not up to immigration to decide what happens, its down to the government.

Correct. 

• Like 2

I dont know what you guys are looking at but its pretty clear this time they dont plan to extend. I would not be sitting around doing nothing. Need to be planning now. 

"Short term visa holders have to prepare for departing the kingdom within September 26, 2020 except for in case of reason of necessity..... by using an embassy letter to get an additional 30 days."

/

Edited by at15

1 hour ago, at15 said:

I dont know what you guys are looking at but its pretty clear this time they dont plan to extend. I would not be sitting around doing nothing. Need to be planning now. 

"Short term visa holders have to prepare for departing the kingdom within September 26, 2020 except for in case of reason of necessity..... by using an embassy letter to get an additional 30 days."

/

I won't be sitting around doing nothing, but according to ubon joe, the wording of the decree in the royal gazette was exactly the same as the prior one so that in and of itself is not a lock for something to be different. The date of this amnesty's expiration has led some of the experts on thaivisa, whose opinion I respect, to believe that it is highly unlikely for this amnesty to be extended. However, we won't know for certain until sometime in September. I will consider my options.

• Like 2

So, maybe if all the poor retired guys in Thailand that are getting kicked out on the 26 of sept.

with family still in Thailand get together and sue the gov.for forcing us out of the country

no matter what country we go to even our own as the the virus is bad everywhere then

we might have a chance of staying.After all we don't have the virus now but there is a good 

chance we will get it if we leave. Something to think about.

3 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So, maybe if all the poor retired guys in Thailand that are getting kicked out on the 26 of sept.

with family still in Thailand get together and sue the gov.for forcing us out of the country

no matter what country we go to even our own as the the virus is bad everywhere then

we might have a chance of staying.After all we don't have the virus now but there is a good 

chance we will get it if we leave. Something to think about.

Nobody is being kicked out of the country. If you are here on a long stay retire or marrige extension, its business as usual, renew it when it expires. Short stay options, that were always going to expire, have had a couple of automatic extensions, now they have an expiry date, as they always did.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

with family still in Thailand

Why would they be getting kicked out of the country?

I think most are on one year extensions of stay that can still be extended again.

Only those that are on a entry from from a OA visa issued by a embassy might have problems if they cannot meet the financial requirements to apply for an extension or the insurance.

• Like 1

does anybody expect the borders to be open up any time soon or come 26 September ? Because I personally do not.

last time I checked aswell countries like Myanmar and Laos / Vietnam either are not letting foreigners in at all... or you quarantine upon arrival at your own expensive.... and then when you come back to Thailand you need to quarantine upon arrival so that’s 4 weeks in the can potentially.

if these borders are still closed come 26 September I would guess they would keep extending it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GigsGigs said:

That is correct.

Again just a few hours ago spoke with 2 junior IO officers from the regional Kalasin office and the regional Sakhon Nakhon office, both gave me the same typical answers (they don't even know each other, it's through two distinct branches of my ex and current girlfriend families to make it clear, they have no motives to collude together); the current "mood" or "atmosphere" through the country various immigration offices is the same:

You have until the 26th September to get your stuff ready and leave on your own... or else...

It would seem the first amnesty they gave us has been seen and percieved as a "loss of face" or "som nam na" in the upper circles at Chaeng Wattana, according to their Thai logic, the amnesty should have given us foreigners enough time to pack on our own and leave the Kingdom within said amnesty.

However some (if not all) of us have misused this amnesty as an opportunity to maintain ourselves legally in the Kingdom longer than we should have and certainly longer than THEY (the BiB) wanted us to.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news again, but you should definitely start packing and get ready to leave for the 26th September, that is the deadline.

After that it's hunting season.

I was at immigration yesterday and spent about an hour with the IO going over the options and would agree with your interpretation.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

does anybody expect the borders to be open up any time soon or come 26 September ? Because I personally do not.

last time I checked aswell countries like Myanmar and Laos / Vietnam either are not letting foreigners in at all... or you quarantine upon arrival at your own expensive.... and then when you come back to Thailand you need to quarantine upon arrival so that’s 4 weeks in the can potentially.

if these borders are still closed come 26 September I would guess they would keep extending it. 

I would advise you not to rely on that.

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, Sheryl said:

Impossible to say now. But I do notice that the Thai govt has started arranging and announcing repatriation flights from Thailand to Western countries specifically to enable stranded foreigners to return.

If such flights exist to where you are from and you chose not to avail of them this may be taken into account.

It isn't the leaving that is a problem. It's being able to return after doing whatever is needed, such as a border run.

• Like 2

If circumstances don't change re borders being closed, why should the amnesty situation? My guess is that this has a way to run yet. Cases are increasing, not decreasing, around the world as many places are experiencing a fresh spike. Last Friday saw the highest one-day rise there has ever been.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If circumstances don't change re borders being closed, why should the amnesty situation?

Because regardless of Thai borders closed, people can leave.

The amnesty is surely not intended for those who can't do border runs.

• Like 1