BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand must welcome back Chinese tourists now says leading tourism chief

I live in a small county in California with no death and low cases.

I should be able to take a test and go anywhere I want.

And I always bring $10,000 to Thailand.  We’ll see how long they can survive.   

38 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

It's a coordinated attack by China. We see how the Chinese military are also belligerent recently picking fights with so many countries. 

Eventually, when the bombs start dropping, people will realize the Chinese are actually at war with us.

Who is actually spreading Amerona virus all over the world???

Now might be Thailand turns...

As expected, this news won't appear in TVF. 🤣

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-usa/joint-u-s-military-drills-get-thumbs-down-from-thais-amid-virus-fears-idUSKBN24Z1MU

image.png

7 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Good luck with Iphones, Ipads etc. Made in China

assembled in china from components made in other countries.  china only keeps about seven bucks from each thousand buck gadget.  sure, easy enough to move the assembly lines, but to where?

either consumers pay much more for free-range iphones, or production moves to autocratically-run countries with even worse conditions than china.

22 hours ago, madmitch said:

Totally disagree with you.

Foreign tourism is necessary to boost the economy. What's tthe point if most of the money is going elsewhere?

I would say that the Chinese are the last people that should be allowed in to Thailand, but they do need to do something fast about letting other tourists in for the sake of peoples jobs and the economy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerolamo said:

because Thai authority talk about all foreigner as "tourists".

What ever they do in the country, speak Thai or not, married with Thai family or not, Thailand lover or not, save child in Thailand in the cave or not (i remember there were no Chinese in the cave).

But we all know that Thai authority is very far now from Thai population.

So, nice to meet another one that has fallen for the group pressure. 

No, they not see all like tourists. But to not be seen like one, you must live here one a year by year basis with yearly extensions made on a Non-O or Non-B or Non-OA visa. In some cases also Non-ED. However, all others that tries to cheat the system by renewing visas all the time, are to be seen as tourist, rightfully.

15 hours ago, WhyamIhere said:

I wonder what percent of Chinese tour group money actually stays in Thailand?

Very little. 

• Like 1

Such as the old saying Money no 1 and notes of xenophobia, lastly he who holds the most "rice" aka $ wins

Chinese spend the most- thus they win, or are wanted, I recall being the "rich" western as per usd values

Chinese culture is similar and many in LOS politics are thai-chinese, and both sides obsession with money

We all want to be back there for asst reasons, but better get used to this thai-chinese love affair aka $$$

52 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would say that the Chinese are the last people that should be allowed in to Thailand, but they do need to do something fast about letting other tourists in for the sake of peoples jobs and the economy.

I didnt word my thoughts very well, as is obvious from comments and confused icons.

I'm not advocating tourists from China, or anywhere else for that matter right now, but I believe that there's no point even considering such tourists if the money isn't going to remain in Thailand and boost the Thai economy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Very little. 

i hear this constantly, but are there any figures to back that statement up?

even if, as some claim, the hotels are chinese fronts, they still employ desk clerks, maids, cleaners, busboys, waitresses, cooks, maintenance staff, spa attendants, cashiers, bookkeepers, etc.  they still buy furniture, furnishings, cleaning products, pool chemicals, uniforms, pots and pans and stoves, food, alcohol, etc.  the transport companies hire drivers and attendants, buy tires and diesel fuel, pay for maintenance and repairs.  the tourist sites collect fees, employ staff, hire entertainers, sell souvenirs.  and of course king power.....

• Thanks 1

so many top brass saying let the Chinese come flooding in, none are adding quaratantine to their statements, what has big chef Flip to say about this? the kids are waiting

Where do they keep finding these idiots. Can they not chut up for one single week?

Think before you speak  leading tourism chief🙊

On 8/3/2020 at 10:25 AM, madmitch said:

Totally disagree with you.

Foreign tourism is necessary to boost the economy. What's tthe point if most of the money is going elsewhere?

Where is the Chinese tourism dollar going?

17 hours ago, Guderian said:

I guess we need to hope for some more major spikes in C19 in China to put an end to this wishful thinking on the part of the Thai tourism industry. 

Maybe a good old fashioned wrath of god plague of locust, flood and drought with some hell style fireballs from the sun....or maybe god has already begun with the death and destruction of the godless masses............

Would seem there is an endless queue of people happy to make silly comments, kind of shows getting your mug in the media is more important than being regarded as an idiot.