Application for 60 day extension on multi-entry NON-O (effective 26th September)

Yes, another visa amnesty thread, sorry about this. Anyway, I’ve read that it’s possible and has been advised that we apply for extensions before the 26th September deadline so as to avoid queues at immigration offices. In theory, I still have the option to receive a 60 day extension on my non-o multi as I have not yet done. Does anyone know of any first hand reports of such a 60 day extension (effective from 27th September) being issued yet, and if so which office? It’s just that as 26th September looms closer, I’m worrying about the local IO misinterpreting the rules and throwing my life into further chaos.

• Haha 1

I can recall one report of a person getting an extension that did not start until September 27th.

It is a little early to be expecting reports of people doing them now.

Officially the new extension did not start until August 1st.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are quite right to worry about interpretation, but who has got it wrong.

I went to immigration yesterday on the same basis as suggested in the OP but was told I could not submit application for 60 day extension as it was more than 60 days since my permission to stay had expired. I brought up the announcement about extensions being dated from the 27th and was told that would only apply to 30 day extensions based on medical or letter from the embassy.

You are also right to be concerned about income deposits. When I asked if it would be 2 or 3 transfers for the extension based on income, I was told 12 deposits. I said i thought only 2 or 3 for first extension and she just pointed to a previous 12 month extension in my passport.

At SiSaKet IO they confirmed to an applicant with a Non Imm O-A Visa and expired permission to stay, that he can apply till 26 September for the 60-day extension of stay and that it will be provided with start-date 27 September. 

He needs the time as he only has a Village Marriage, and will thus have to arrange his official thai marriage in the coming weeks.  That 60-day extension will then provide him again with more time, so that he can meet the 2-month seasoning for his financial funds (which he didn't start yet) required when applying for his FIRST 1-year extension of stay based on that Non Imm O-A Visa.

• Like 1

So, it might - as ubonjoe says - be early days yet, but already we have confusion and dispute about what the rules are. Is anyone surprised?

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

was told I could not submit application for 60 day extension as it was more than 60 days since my permission to stay had expired.

I thought our permission to stay had automatically been extended by the amnesty to 31st July and then to 26th September. Therefore, permission to stay has not expired. Is this yet another case of an IO not knowing or not wanting to implement their own rules?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

At SiSaKet IO they confirmed to an applicant with a Non Imm O-A Visa and expired permission to stay, that he can apply till 26 September for the 60-day extension of stay and that it will be provided with start-date 27 September. 

He needs the time as he only has a Village Marriage, and will thus have to arrange his official thai marriage in the coming weeks.  That 60-day extension will then provide him again with more time, so that he can meet the 2-month seasoning for his financial funds (which he didn't start yet) required when applying for his FIRST 1-year extension of stay based on that Non Imm O-A Visa.

I do not live in Sisaket. It is up to people to check the local requirements rather than rely on what gets posted here.

At the end of the day applications have to be accepted and a stamp put in the passport.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I thought our permission to stay had automatically been extended by the amnesty to 31st July and then to 26th September. Therefore, permission to stay has not expired. Is this yet another case of an IO not knowing or not wanting to implement their own rules?

Perhaps confusion in definition. 'Permission to stay' is related to one's personal visa,no?....and of course 'Amnesty' is the granted grace period from the Gov.

In my case, my non O expires Aug.26....should I get the 60-day extension before that date or ride it into Sept. past the expiration date?   Sounds great if the 60-day will be post-dated to end of Sept.

I too in the same boat as the IO, need that 2months past extension to shore up the 400,000 for the 1yr.......oh ya, gotta open a bank account too - Chow!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

In my case, my non O expires Aug.26....should I get the 60-day extension before that date or ride it into Sept. past the expiration date?   Sounds great if the 60-day will be post-dated to end of Sept.

You non-o visas expiration date means nothing now since you are already in the country. It is only the last day you can use it to get a new 90 day entry.

Only your last permit to stay from an entry counts now plus the "automatic extension" under the amnesty.

Put your money in the bank and apply for the 60 day extension in September. By then all the immigration offices may be fully aware of what can be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So, it might - as ubonjoe says - be early days yet, but already we have confusion and dispute about what the rules are. Is anyone surprised?

You have obviously misunderstood the amnesty. Nobody has had their permission to stay extended unless they have been to immigration and got a new stamp. The amnesty is on "penalty", people are being allowed to remain without being penalised for doing so, a subtle difference.

My visit to immigration came about because DLT refused to make an appointment for driving licence renewal because I had no valid stamp.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

Do we have to show 400,000 baht for the 60-extension on a non 'O' ?...I've always done border runs for the 90,obviously circumstances have changed.

No need to prove any financials when applying for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife or thai dependant child.

Just the regular fee for handling an extension of stay > 1.900 THB.

Attached the requirements for such application below.

The 60-day extension of stay can be done for ANY type of entry or extension of stay.

See excerpt from police order 327/2557, and note that it does not mention Visa type.

image.png.3fba6f5a466359aa60711d4d4ca4b0b9.png

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it.  You will also need to bring the house-book (as well as a copy of it) from the place where you and your Thai wife are staying.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are quite right to worry about interpretation, but who has got it wrong.

I went to immigration yesterday on the same basis as suggested in the OP but was told I could not submit application for 60 day extension as it was more than 60 days since my permission to stay had expired. I brought up the announcement about extensions being dated from the 27th and was told that would only apply to 30 day extensions based on medical or letter from the embassy.

You are also right to be concerned about income deposits. When I asked if it would be 2 or 3 transfers for the extension based on income, I was told 12 deposits. I said i thought only 2 or 3 for first extension and she just pointed to a previous 12 month extension in my passport.

What's your plan then if they wont give you the 60 days?

On 8/3/2020 at 11:55 AM, lemonjelly said:

Thanks, Joe. Yes I realize it’s a bit early in the game for this topic, thought I’d get the ball rolling anyway. My main concern would be the IO officer going into “only 30 day extension with embassy letter” mode and not taking the possibility of the unused 60 day extension into account. I’m UK, so the embassy letter scenario has gone for a burton as it stands. That 60 day extension gives me just enough time to muster and season 400k for 2 months to convert my multi to a 1 year extension. I’m not going to rely on 2 months 40k deposits from abroad if I can help it as it sounds a bit touch and go, depending on which office the application is made at.

"I’m not going to rely on 2 months 40k deposits from abroad if I can help it as it sounds a bit touch and go, depending on which office the application is made at."

it will be a touch and go for what ever method or reason you use to apply for a 60 days extension, I'm afraid. It will be totally up to the IO and their interpretation of the "amnesties". 

20 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

If you read the official notification published in the royal gazette, it quite clearly states that permission of stay has been extended.  It says nothing about amnesty being on “penalty”.  You just made that up.

C34377B6-B66B-4B38-BB86-B7936AE63463.jpeg.239beb6db4f3c086a1098fc13dae120a.jpeg

You are quite free to manipulate the interpretation to suit. The translation you refer to could quite easily read "A permission to remain", I fail to see any reference to a stamp, and only a stamp validates your permission to stay, unless of course you also think that the Department of Land Transport have also got it wrong.

At the end of the day the only thing that counts is the interpretation applied by those entities that authorise renewal.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I paid my local Immigration Office, Kanchanaburi, a visit yesterday.

My Non-o multi entry(married to a Thai) expired in June and I have not used my 60 day extension yet.

I transferred 400k bht last week and Immi advised me to get a 60 day extension early in Sept to avoid any crowding. It will be dated from 27th Sept so good until the last week of November when I'll apply from an annual extension based on marriage.

Thanks for posting this info!

Quick question > What was the validity expiry date of your ME Non Imm O Visa, and what was the expiry date of the 90-day permission to stay as stamped in your passport when entering Thailand  on that Visa?

58 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

I paid my local Immigration Office, Kanchanaburi, a visit yesterday.

My Non-o multi entry(married to a Thai) expired in June and I have not used my 60 day extension yet.

I transferred 400k bht last week and Immi advised me to get a 60 day extension early in Sept to avoid any crowding. It will be dated from 27th Sept so good until the last week of November when I'll apply from an annual extension based on marriage.

Did your imm office tell you that you needed to obtain the 60 day extension to create permission of stay or did you just decide to do it that way. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did your imm office tell you that you needed to obtain the 60 day extension to create permission of stay or did you just decide to do it that way. 

Has to be that way as the 400k bht wouldn't be in my account long enough without the 60 day extension.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Has to be that way as the 400k bht wouldn't be in my account long enough without the 60 day extension.

I just noticed that you only transfered the 400k last week. 

Question: if you already had the money in bank for the 2 months would you need the  60 day extension

12 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for posting this info!

Quick question > What was the validity expiry date of your ME Non Imm O Visa, and what was the expiry date of the 90-day permission to stay as stamped in your passport when entering Thailand  on that Visa?

Hi, the expiry date of my non-o(m) was June 5th. My last entry on it was 3rd March with an admitted until 31st May date.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I just noticed that you only transfered the 400k last week. 

Question: if you already had the money in bank for the 2 months would you need the  60 day extension

Wouldn't have needed the extension and this is what Immi advised me to do, go straight to one year extension, before they realised my money wouldn't have been in my account the required 60 days.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Thanks 1

Anyone with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry been to Bangkok immigration to ask about 60 day extensions?

With that little info graphic they had it seemed only medical or with visa letter extension would be possible if on short term visa.

Edited by Jackie66

27 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

With that little info graphic they had it seemed only medical or with visa letter extension would be possible if on short term visa.

That's what we were told in Hat Yai yesterday (that they got a memo on Monday saying that). Other people seem to think it's possible, though I'm not sure we've actually had a report from someone doing it on here yet. 

38 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Anyone with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry been to Bangkok immigration to ask about 60 day extensions?

Have not seen a report yet of someone on an expired Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa applying for the 60-day extension of stay.  Of course applicants would have to meet the application criteria, i.e. providing evidence of still being married to a thai wife or having a thai dependant child.

But the 60-day extension of stay can be done for ANY type of entry or extension of stay.

See excerpt from police order 327/2557, and note that it does not mention Visa type.

image.png.0a42773a001064200aad6b9fedb32e12.png

Edited by Peter Denis

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Have not seen a report yet of someone on an expired Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa applying for the 60-day extension of stay.  Of course applicants would have to meet the application criteria, i.e. providing evidence of still being married to a thai wife or having a thai dependant child.

But the 60-day extension of stay can be done for ANY type of entry or extension of stay.

image.png.0a42773a001064200aad6b9fedb32e12.png

Yes in normal circumstances i have done it before on past non-o and visa exempt/tourist visa but with this amnesty and that info graphic they published short term visas would have only 2 options to extend (medical/embassy letter)

Edited by Jackie66