Mourners shocked as coffin bursts into flames three days before cremation

webfact

Mourners shocked as coffin bursts into flames three days before cremation

10pm.jpg

Picture: New TV

Relatives at a funeral in Thap Sakae, Prachuap Khirikhan were shocked when fire broke out in the early hours of the morning at a pavilion in a temple. 

Dried flowers and wreaths caught fire and a coffin containing a grandmother was damaged.

It happened on Sunday at Wat Thung Putthi in Ang Thong sub-district. The coffin was in place for bathing rites ahead of the actual cremation on Wednesday. 

10pm1.jpg

Funeral director Opas Simfa said he'd never experienced this in 30 years of the business. 

Apparently more decorative lights short circuited. 

10pm2.jpg

But a new coffin and more expense was not required. 

The relatives just turned the coffin round so the undamaged side would face the mourners. 

Source: New TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-03

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But a new coffin and more expense was not required. 

The relatives just turned the coffin round so the undamaged side would face the mourners. 

A few more flowers, another set of dodgy Chinese lights from Lazada and good to go... 

I am sad to hear about this problem to the Thai family. More care needs to be done as the coffin are soaked in Kerosene. As such I am asking all if some one can help me fine a Steal Coffin shop. I know the Chinese burial in Coffin, but can not fine any shops in Bangkok.

Thank you

5 hours ago, Sergeant said:

I am sad to hear about this problem to the Thai family. More care needs to be done as the coffin are soaked in Kerosene. As such I am asking all if some one can help me fine a Steal Coffin shop. I know the Chinese burial in Coffin, but can not fine any shops in Bangkok.

Thank you

why not build one, steel is dirty cheap.