Jump to content
BANGKOK
schlog

2 new speed cams!

Recommended Posts

They catched me today on my to Kok Kloi and back 2 times lol.

 

The new speed cams are on the way in and out of Phuket. Each about 500 meter before the Tha Chat Chai checkpoint. Cams with big flashlights installed under the big road signs above the 2 lane road.

Speed limit is 60.

 

Me and all other cars had the pleasure and surprise of this flashlight show. All drove there 80-120 as usual. Now wait and see if they send speed tickets. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know the 60 is only advisory. 90 is the official limit. I drive 100 at most and expect to be Ok ..... 😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

As far as I know the 60 is only advisory. 90 is the official limit. I drive 100 at most and expect to be Ok ..... 😯

Yup had also same always in my mind. Limit of 60 at this 2 spots is insane and only a money spinner. Can't recall 1 accident there in the last 30 years.

 

They installed new 60 limit signs at that 2 spots. On way out i did 100 and way back 80. Both times i was clocked.

 

There is still hope that they have no budget to send and print the speedtickets and it's only a realistic show.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

add it to the radarbot app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, schlog said:

There is still hope that they have no budget to send and print the speedtickets and it's only a realistic show.

Probably you will find out next time when you are paying road tax. I wish you good luck.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Probably you will find out next time when you are paying road tax. I wish you good luck.

no, you get that delievered to your add, i know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried that, because lately i leave the island quiet often. so i drove pass at a wooping 30km/h and guess, yes it flashes .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could do with a few on bypass rd 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far i know those are not speed cameras but they record all cars leaving and arriving on Phuket. (otherwise i have a few tickets)

They were activated during the Covis-19 lock down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pest said:

They could do with a few on bypass rd 

There are two on the bypass road (at Keehin) but they don't work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkt83100 said:

Probably you will find out next time when you are paying road tax. I wish you good luck.

You only find out when you did not pay your fine when you received the ticket by mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years ago when speed cameras were new in the u.k a group of us noticed that if you drove on the wrong side of the road fast where a camera was it would go off.

Wasn't long before that turned into going past on motorbikes while one of us is stood on the side of the road doing a moonie to the camera.

Must of really piszed them off haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They flash also when not exceeding the limit, from that what I saw. Otherwise, the 60 / 80 limits on that road or just f*** insane and don't correspond to the road and traffic at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, schlog said:

Yup had also same always in my mind. Limit of 60 at this 2 spots is insane and only a money spinner. Can't recall 1 accident there in the last 30 years.

 

They installed new 60 limit signs at that 2 spots. On way out i did 100 and way back 80. Both times i was clocked.

 

There is still hope that they have no budget to send and print the speedtickets and it's only a realistic show.

So why do you think they clocked you for speeding, the indication above the road has nothing to do with the speed cameras.

Those new signs could mean a speed limit, or it could mean they have a few of those left and needed to place them somewhere.

 

But hoping they have no budget to send the tickets is idle hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...