Woman starts her day with an egg-xplosion

webfact

Woman starts her day with an egg-xplosion

By The Nation

800_84b6d7e4252de8a.jpg?v=1596433385

A woman’s breakfast turned deadly when she had to be admitted to hospital with third-degree burns after the eggs she was cooking in a microwave exploded.

Chadakan Tae, who posted photographs of herself with burns on the face and neck, wrote of her experience on Facebook, and advised people to immediately treat burns with saline and ice before heading to hospital.

Many netizens sympathised with her, while others advised her to prick the egg before microwaving it.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392352

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-03

• Confused 1

She should have pricked in before she put in or maybe she left it in for too long .

Leaving it in for five minutes  is usually long enough, if you leave in for longer than that , it usually explodes  and it can all go over her face , if you are in the process of taking it out 

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

It's a lesson I learned long ago, not to cook or fry eggs in a microwave...................after numerous times having to clean the microwave and even the kitchen ceiling

So that's what you have for high tea.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

others advised her to <deleted> the egg before microwaving it.

Why would your bird wanna get 'wabed after you've p-rick her eggs .. to use the metaphor .. 

Yours Sincerely 

Confused .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

It's a lesson I learned long ago, not to cook or fry eggs in a microwave...................after numerous times having to clean the microwave and even the kitchen ceiling

The way to do it is to put water in a bowl, crack the egg in it and put that in the nukemachine, drain the water after done. Very nice texture and especially good when runny over toast. 

• Like 1

As i red once, any kind of water will do. The burn continues in your skin and make it worse.

Also chemical burns. Instant treat with water for long time.

If clothes are involved, never to take the clothes out, as that can rips the skin in a very bad way. 

37 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

As i red once, any kind of water will do. The burn continues in your skin and make it worse.

Yes, even after getting rid of the hot liquid the damage continues. Treat with icy or cold running water until almost numb. I know some don't recommend too cold water but it worked fine with snow back in the arctic. Hurts like %¤#¤%# though.

Edited by DrTuner

So you stop guessing what she's done, here is FB translation of her post:

Micowave eggs. Don't do it. I don't believe too much.
Who didn't know that boiled egg wave in Micowave? I didn't know this.
*** I'm a dormitory kid. No gas stove.
Toey can't take eggs. Put a shell in a cup. Wave water.
When I was in the microwave, it wasn't broken.
When I take the cloth out of Micowave, that's all.
Pang egg exploded. Haha. Don't do it before it's a penny like me.
I don't dare to post photos now. I'm afraid that I can't eat. The photos that I posted are on Friday '
Egg exploded. It's not a joke.
I'm not enough. I'm impressed. I'm happy. Lottery lottery.
???? - sense with me
When I was first aid by putting cold water on ice, I called someone. The best first aid is to wash the salt water first, then wipe the cotton or clean cloth and put the cotton chuppa. Go to the doctor because the doctor will evaluate the wound. If it hits the face, it may affect the respiratory system. If it hits the eye, don't
* There should be cotton salt water in the room and ice people. Because we don't know when it will be overloaded.
* News is not allowed to play without our permission.
If you take it, it's wrong. It's computer.

And original, if allowed:

ไข่ไมโคเวฟอะ อย่าหาทำนะ กูเกิ้ลก็อย่าเชื่อมาก
ใครไม่รู้ว่าไข่ต้มเวฟในไมโคเวฟไม่ได้รู้ไว้สะ
***เป็นเด็กหอค่ะ ไม่มีเตาแก๊สนะคะ
เต้เอาไข่ไม่ได้ปลอกเปลือกใส่ถ้วยใส่น้ำเวฟ
ตอนอยู่ในไมโครเวฟแม่งไม่แตกไง
พอเอาผ้าหยิบออกจากไมโคเวฟเท่านั้นแหละ
ปัง ไข่ระเบิด1 ห้ามทำนะค่าก่อนจะเพนแบบกูค่าา
ไม่กล้าลงรูปตอนนี้กลัวกินข้าวกันไม่ลง รูปที่ลงก็คือตอนวันเกิดเหตุ วันศุกร์ตอน 10:42 PM
ไข่ระเบิดตู้มไม่ใช่เรื่องเล่นๆ
เจ่บตัวไม่พอเจ่บใจอีกหวยแดก
???? — สาระกับกู
ตอนโดนปฐมพยาบาลตัวเองเบื้องต้นด้วยการเอาน้ำเย็นราด น้ำแข็งประคบ ทำไปโทรหาใครสักคนไปด้วยล่ะ จริงๆปฐมพยาบาลที่ดีที่สุดคือ เอาน้ำเกลือล้างก่อนอันดับแรก แล้วเอาสำลีหรือผ้าสะอาดเช็ด แล้วเอาสำลีชุปน้ำเกลือโปะไว้แล้วไปหาหมอซะ เพราะหมอจะได้ประเมินแผล ยิ่งถ้าโดนที่หน้าอาจจะส่งผลต่อระบบทางเดินหายใจ ถ้าโดนตาไม่ต้องพูดถึงเลย
* ในห้องควรมีน้ำเกลือสำลี กับพวกน้ำแข็งติดไว้จริงๆเพราะเราไม่รู้ว่าจะเกินอุบัติเหตุขึ้นเมื่อไหร่
*ไม่อนุญาตให้นำข่าวไปเล่นหากไม่มีการขออนุญาตเรา
หากนำไปถือว่าผิดพรบ.คอมนะคะ

4 hours ago, DGS1244 said:

Cool with Ice water Yes, Saline ??? how many people keep sterilised bottles of saline at home? Ordinary salt and water not a good idea.

Totally agree.

Water and water and more water. Don't waste time with salt water, just water.

No cloth no anything else.

It takes the heat out and goes a long way to help clean the area.

Spent just over a week in ICU with a steam burn and believe me it makes your eyes water. It bloody hurts but cool water cuts that down a fair bit.

If you've lost a bit of skin, I did, the water takes the heat out and cuts down a lot of the scarring you would have without getting that heat out.

Water water water.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DGS1244 said:

Cool with Ice water Yes, Saline ??? how many people keep sterilised bottles of saline at home? Ordinary salt and water not a good idea.

I do! I have a couple of bottles of saline, just in case. A Thai friend insisted that I have saline solution.

Edited by kokopelli
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You´ve just been egged!

I don´t understand this. What ever happened to boiling eggs in water? It works perfect.

Boil eggs in water is a lot of work you know.

The pot doesn't go PING when the egg is ready so you don't know when to switch off facebook or tic tok and take the egg out.

It's complicated.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Boil eggs in water is a lot of work you know.

The pot doesn't go PING when the egg is ready so you don't know when to switch off facebook or tic tok and take the egg out.

It's complicated.

As you put it that way, I totally understand. ???? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

I do! I have a couple of bottles of saline, just in case. A Thai friend insisted that I have saline solution.

Me too, Always have Saline for cleansing open wounds as well as alcohol for infected wounds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Susco said:

I cooked the heart and liver of a squirrel to feed the dog.  They exploded - twice.  Messy.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing they must have exploded after she removed them from the microwave?

Surely any explosion internally in the microwave couldn't have done that (irrespective of the joke "I only told them to blow the bloody doors off")

Yeah, I can't see it doing any damage to the microwave itself. It would make more sense once she took it out that it exploded then. 

I'm going to guess it wasn't fully cooked either when it exploded. 

45 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I cooked the heart and liver of a squirrel to feed the dog.  They exploded - twice.  Messy.

Eeeeh!? They exploded 2 times??? I sincerely hope they exploded once each? Otherwise I will have to go back to the writing board and evaluate relativity against reality.

However, from one thing to another. Did you feed your dog with the exploded things anyway?

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You´ve just been egged!

I don´t understand this. What ever happened to boiling eggs in water? It works perfect.

boiling eggs takes considerable culinary skills .....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Me too, Always have Saline for cleansing open wounds as well as alcohol for infected wounds.

Alcohol smarts, try betadine followed by bepanthen for small infections. Saline is a basic staple in the medicine cabinet, yes.

I always "boil" my eggs in a microwave but use a microwave egg "boil" tool. And even that goes wrong now and then. Not easy cooking a soft boiled egg. To many factors what influence time and hardness. But hard boiled ones will be ready in 45-60 secs. They don't look nice but for using those cut up in salads or so perfect usable.