BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand lifts barriers for more foreigners

Thailand lifts barriers for more foreigners

By The Nation

800_d2f54d3d2dc4ad3.jpg?v=1596435618

Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said on Monday (August 3) that more types of foreigners will be allowed to return to Thailand, such as:

• Foreigners who hold a residential permit;

• Foreigners who hold a work permit or migrant workers who hold official documents allowing them to stay and work in Thailand;

• Foreigners granted entry under special agreements, such as Thailand Elite cardholders.

These groups are required to follow the Public Health Ministry’s measures strictly and spend 14 days at an alternative state quarantine site.

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand confirmed these measures.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392356

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-03

7 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I absolutely agree with you. I paid 5 million Baht for a condo about 7 years ago. It didn't give me any kind of rights to residency, and very sadly I doubt that this will change.

Yeah it is a full crying shame. If you were a foreign woman married to a Thai then you would be ok.

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

On the other hand you could argue why anybody would buy property in a country in which he doesn't at least have permanent residency.

Investment and then false hope that a retirement visa has something that gives them credibility. My home and cars and such I could leave if kicked out. They would only then take care of my wife and kids for life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1