Flooding

Rotweiler

On 8/5/2020 at 12:11 PM, elgenon said:

People are actually afraid to get a smartphone because they fear they won't be able to control themselves and their usage?

So sad! They are also afraid to have a drink so they don't become a drunk? Just wondering, OMG Or have sex, lest they become a sex addict?

Smart  people dont  get smartphones

56 minutes ago, bodga said:

Smart  people dont  get smartphones

They do if they go hiking or cycling in the jungle.

Assuming they don't want to get lost, always knowing where you are, probably the single most important advance in the history of man.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:03 PM, Burma Bill said:

And me!! Never had one, never will! 

That was me until while in S'pore last year my old Nokia wasn't compatible with new sim cards. My stateside phone was a flip and my International phone was the Nokia. I gave in and got an android phone. It can hold 2 sims, one for Thailand and one for the states. Pretty neat, never say never unless you're Raymond Reddington.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bodga said:

always buy a house or  land on a slope, given that advice  years  ago and acted on it.

Thai houses can easily be dismantled and moved (traditional wood houses). We live on the river but no flooding in 50+ years. It does flood downstream as it did in 2011. The river was very high but no flooding then, but there was major flooding in the rest of Thailand. We were OK but there were worries about bridges washing out. Son my advice is to look at the history of the area and ask questions. I was told that the local temple has records that go back 250 years. 

Traditional Thai houses are raised for many reasons not just flooding. But a raised house should give some assurances.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

That was me until while in S'pore last year my old Nokia wasn't compatible with new sim cards. My stateside phone was a flip and my International phone was the Nokia. I gave in and got an android phone. It can hold 2 sims, one for Thailand and one for the states. Pretty neat, never say never unless you're Raymond Reddington.

My new smartphone is actually waterproof.