Thailand's high unemployment: have you seen behavior change?

Brunolem

Surat Thani seema to be doing ok, while daytime/night traffic is still busy its not as bad as it was pre covid, same at the bigger shopping centres, still hard to find a park but again not as bad as it used to be. Wife told me they pulled the body of a young man from the port over the weekend, he parked his motor bike on the high bridge that opened last year and jumped, apparently he was in a bad financial position after losing his job. Morning traffic when I drive over to our land is still the same, while it is a bit easier to get a table at most restaurants the food deliverery bikes are pretty thick all day/night so many are still staying at home & ordering in, went to a thai friends bar/restaurant on the weekend and we had to book to get a table so again people are going out still but this has only been in the last few weeks since they dropped a lot of the restrictions. Crowds are smaller than before though but it still appears to be reasonably busy in most areas but again there are no tourists like there used to be connecting to the boats etc to the islands  which is to be expected. None of our friends have been laid off and the man that does our brush cutting still does his factory job as well, the port is still busy as well so it does not appear to be really knocking things around for the locals, just the tourists. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mario666 said:

kuhnPer you may be right about the "High End" hotels being busy again, but in my experience the guests tend to remain in the hotels/resorts during their breaks....They do not go out to eat or shop....The streets are DEAD!

Yes, many high-end guests don't mingle with plain common people in affordable restaurants. They often prefer privacy, and yes, they intend to stay inside the hotel's walls. One of the reasons for high, high-end prices is privacy, like you for example can see in Santibury on Maenam Beach, where a real estate agent need to be Olympic Champion in stone throws to state that a bungalow is only a stone throw from a neighboring bungalow...????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, checkered flag said:

This guy claims to be an English teacher? No wonder everyone is confused.

Need to see my degree?  Dont worry! I quit due to thais sleeping, copying(link) and playing facebook all day..Not to mention I cant fail any of them, so we dont bruise their precious egos..So much better to save face than learn the most used language worldwide! But Mai pen rai! Sabai sabai..I go sleep! Gin kao laew!

Speaking of confused, welcome back...boy you sure seem steamed over what was just a joke quote, but seems your precious ego is bruised as well..do you need a hug?  So Solly Mista....you first must pay for hug!

Jing JIng!  Kor thot krup...now I sad , I go to temple to beg forgiveness, and pray, to be rich, then buy lottery

Heres some reading material for you while I go pray :wai:

https://baanajarn.com/teaching-in-thailand/cheating-in-school-in-thailand/

• Haha 2