Jump to content
BANGKOK
MRToMRT

Wellness entry requirements

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know where I can find details of the entry into Thailand under the "wellness" category. Or does anyone have any knowledge experience? 

 

Is it just for new patients or does it include those undergoing continued care (cancer and heart attack survivors). I have wrote to Bangkok Hospital but no reply yet.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was researching what was needed for a medical visa. The visa, if approved would be a Non-O Medical. This is different from the medical visas they used to issue. You will have to do the 14 day quarantine in a hospital. Here part of the reply from a hospital in Bangkok where I had gone for treatment not related to what I was thinking about signing up for in order to return.

 

"  The process of being in AHQ ( alternative hospital quarantine ) in summary:

 
• A patient who is sending inquiries with booking date and passport ( of patient and accompany person just in case ) then fill out the form from Thai Government, it should be complete including accompany person ( The patient is supposed to give a signature to cover the accompany person. The accompany person is allowed only but limited to not more than 3 persons) in which the hospital will send to patient or agency.
 
• The hospital will send the patient's name including his/her accompany's name form to Ministry of Health to process and get a confirmation letter.
 
• The hospital will send a confirmation letter to an Agency or directly to patient so that the patient can submit it to their Thai embassy mainly Myanmar, Cambodia, and China including COE form ( Certificate of Entry ).  The patient can bring the confirmation letter which we have sent to them to contact their Embassy directly to get COE. Once the patient received their COE, they need to send a copy to hospital so the hospital will continue to deal with the Ministry of Health from Thai government., Please prepare for the passport of the patient and accompany person's passport as well, medical treatment plan , pre-Airline Ticket , and Covid-19 Test within 72 hrs.
 
• The embassy will give VISA and approved for tickets.
 
• On the patient's arrival date there will have a staff from Ministry of Health and hospital staff to pick up the patient and bring to hospital.
 
• Covid -19 Test will start from day 0, 5-7, 14 so that there will be 3 times before they will allow the patient to have a surgery or treatment ( it might be on the 14th or 15th day).
 
 
Please be advised, since the country you are going to is USA, where COVID cases are higher, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to re-enter Thailand as of now. People from the countries of Cambodia, Myanmar, and China are the ones who can be accepted into the Kingdom of Thailand for the purpose of medical treatment.  "
 
 
NOTE, most Thai embassies websites I checked (USA, Australia, Canada and some others) have similar info about the visa, except for Great Britain. They're criteria is insane.
Edited by JerseytoBKK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what you mean in your "note" for the UK this is one of the conditions..............

 

Letter from a hospital in the UK that you have a life-threating conditions and cannot be treated here, and require medical treatment in Thailand, as well as medical record for referral *

 

I cannot imagine there is a single condition that can be treated in Thailand and not the UK. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I see what you mean in your "note" for the UK this is one of the conditions..............

 

Letter from a hospital in the UK that you have a life-threating conditions and cannot be treated here, and require medical treatment in Thailand, as well as medical record for referral *

 

I cannot imagine there is a single condition that can be treated in Thailand and not the UK. 

If they had left out "life-threating conditions" the statement would still be silly and would contradict official info that supposedly plastic surgery is an OK reason to apply. But you couldn't get a fit to fly document from an doctor if you had a life threatening condition nor would anyone sane want to get on a 10 hour repatriation flight with anything seriously wrong. 

 

Considering that the Ministry of Health is in charge of the process, I surprised that the UK website is different that the other countries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I see what you mean in your "note" for the UK this is one of the conditions..............

 

Letter from a hospital in the UK that you have a life-threating conditions and cannot be treated here, and require medical treatment in Thailand, as well as medical record for referral *

 

I cannot imagine there is a single condition that can be treated in Thailand and not the UK. 

Same from the embassy in Spain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 1:06 AM, MRToMRT said:

I see what you mean in your "note" for the UK this is one of the conditions..............

 

Letter from a hospital in the UK that you have a life-threating conditions and cannot be treated here, and require medical treatment in Thailand, as well as medical record for referral *

 

I cannot imagine there is a single condition that can be treated in Thailand and not the UK. 

If you you've got arthrosis and need sun to cure it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 5:01 PM, JerseytoBKK said:

I was researching what was needed for a medical visa. The visa, if approved would be a Non-O Medical. This is different from the medical visas they used to issue. You will have to do the 14 day quarantine in a hospital. Here part of the reply from a hospital in Bangkok where I had gone for treatment not related to what I was thinking about signing up for in order to return.

 

"  The process of being in AHQ ( alternative hospital quarantine ) in summary:

 
• A patient who is sending inquiries with booking date and passport ( of patient and accompany person just in case ) then fill out the form from Thai Government, it should be complete including accompany person ( The patient is supposed to give a signature to cover the accompany person. The accompany person is allowed only but limited to not more than 3 persons) in which the hospital will send to patient or agency.
 
• The hospital will send the patient's name including his/her accompany's name form to Ministry of Health to process and get a confirmation letter.
 
• The hospital will send a confirmation letter to an Agency or directly to patient so that the patient can submit it to their Thai embassy mainly Myanmar, Cambodia, and China including COE form ( Certificate of Entry ).  The patient can bring the confirmation letter which we have sent to them to contact their Embassy directly to get COE. Once the patient received their COE, they need to send a copy to hospital so the hospital will continue to deal with the Ministry of Health from Thai government., Please prepare for the passport of the patient and accompany person's passport as well, medical treatment plan , pre-Airline Ticket , and Covid-19 Test within 72 hrs.
 
• The embassy will give VISA and approved for tickets.
 
• On the patient's arrival date there will have a staff from Ministry of Health and hospital staff to pick up the patient and bring to hospital.
 
• Covid -19 Test will start from day 0, 5-7, 14 so that there will be 3 times before they will allow the patient to have a surgery or treatment ( it might be on the 14th or 15th day).
 
 
Please be advised, since the country you are going to is USA, where COVID cases are higher, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to re-enter Thailand as of now. People from the countries of Cambodia, Myanmar, and China are the ones who can be accepted into the Kingdom of Thailand for the purpose of medical treatment.  "
 
 
NOTE, most Thai embassies websites I checked (USA, Australia, Canada and some others) have similar info about the visa, except for Great Britain. They're criteria is insane.

First sentence in the last chapter indicates this is meant for people leaving Thailand, not for people entering Thailand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, micmichd said:

First sentence in the last chapter indicates this is meant for people leaving Thailand, not for people entering Thailand. 

Not correct. I'm currently in Bangkok but need to return to the US. I was going to start a procedure and get a letter from the hospital that I need to return to finish the procedure. That last paragraph from their message was meant for me and is not part of the official criteria needed to return to Thailand and the hospital was warning me that if I apply from the US, then I might not be approved. The official procedure is contained in the bullet points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...