New Passport -90 day report

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I suspect it will have your old passport number unless they informed the section that does 90 day reports about your new passport number.

Thanks Joe. I will take a completed TM 47, new passport copies showing stamps etc.as insurance.

1 hour ago, dsj said:

If you get a new passport can you still do online reporting? or do you have to do it person or mail the first time?

Most people cannot do online 90 day reporting until they leave and re-enter the country using the new passport.

There were a couple of posts in the pinned topic by people that said the could still do them but that would require immigration changing the database the system accesses.

I just finished transferring stamps from old 10yr passport into new 1yr emergency passport (regular 10yr passports can NOT be made at this time [USA]) and they updated the numbers in the database at the same time. took 10 forms and they hit me for 500 baht w/o a receipt.

Edited by mrwebb8825

Thanks all, my next 90 day report is November 3rd ( I did my online reporting yesterday and took 5 hours to approve) and my retirement extension needs renewal by November 11th. I have worked it out that I will get my new passport in early October, then go to CW before November 3rd, get my current stamps transferred into new passport (if necessary) then do my extension, then my 90 report. Then hopefully in future I can do it online.

17 minutes ago, dsj said:

Thanks all, my next 90 day report is November 3rd ( I did my online reporting yesterday and took 5 hours to approve) and my retirement extension needs renewal by November 11th. I have worked it out that I will get my new passport in early October, then go to CW before November 3rd, get my current stamps transferred into new passport (if necessary) then do my extension, then my 90 report. Then hopefully in future I can do it online.

You will have to have your stamps transferred from the old to the new passport before you apply for your extension.

Unless immigration is able to change your passport number in the database checked by online reporting you will not be able to use it until you leave and re-enter the country.

I had my stamps transferred on Monday to my new UK passport at Kanchanaburi. I also did a 90 day report while there in person. I have used onlne for 3 years trouble free and I asked the IO if this would still work.

She was unsure, but told me if it didn't accept my new passport number, just to use my old one. She did say I would likely have to leave and reenter the country to make it work. She also said that she had updated her 90 day database with my new passport number so I will find out in 90 days if it works or not. 

As luck would have it my next 90 day is due at the same time as my annual renewal so I will have to do the 320Km round trip anyway.

Actually I have never understood why we need a 90 day report.

Hope I can sneak in quick question rather than start thread.

I will be doing a 90 report address soon via mail (my first).

In the requirements (amongst other things) it asks for photocopy of my "visa".

Does that mean the original non-o RT. That's in old pp. Or do they mean the details referring to that visa that were entered into my current pp.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Does that mean the original non-o RT. That's in old pp. Or do they mean the details referring to that visa that were entered into my current pp.

The page in the new one with info about your visa and old passport.

• Thanks 1

I got a new passport in October 2019

never left/reentered Thailand with it

did 3 successful 90 day reports online with Chrome browser

so they must have sorted out the "Internet explorer only/ no new passport w/o entry stamp" bug

I live in BKK, so Chaengwattana is my immigration office

5 hours ago, sirholly said:

so they must have sorted out the "Internet explorer only/ no new passport w/o entry stamp" bug

That's good to hear, as I have to get a new passport ( I will only have 10 months left in my current passport), new extension and 90 report, and I want to do it all at the same time, then in future since I will have done one 90 day report in person, then for all others hopefully I can do online. I just did my last 90 report last Tuesday on Firefox (yes Firefox worked) and it took only 6 hours to get it approved.

5 hours ago, sirholly said:

I just did my online 90 day report 2 days ago on Firefox and got it approved in 6 hours.

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2021 at 11:20 AM, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office?

10 forms? 

not sure I can say which office (name and shame rules here)

Yes, they kept adding forms trying to break us down so we'd just give up and pay the bribe. Turns out we only really needed 2-3.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Yes, they kept adding forms trying to break us down so we'd just give up and pay the bribe. Turns out we only really needed 2-3.

Bump

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

If you can't name the office---try naming the 10 forms that were required, before you had to pay the bribe.......

would that be easier for you............:coffee1:

16 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

If you can't name the office---try naming the 10 forms that were required, before you had to pay the bribe.......

would that be easier for you............:coffee1:

I agree with you.

Perhaps I'm jaded, however for almost every thread, to me the name of office should be #1. 

So many offices do things slightly differently and without that info it's a waste of time.

• Thanks 1