Exclusive: Trump gives Microsoft 45 days to clinch TikTok deal

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Will it be as successful as the Nokia acquisition or Windows Phone OS or Zune or Skype?

They sure know how to pick 'em...

You do realize MSFT is one of only a handful of companies that are at a market cap of over a trillion dollars right? How about Office 360, Azure, teams? 

Dan Ives who is a tech analyst who knows his stuff said that this acquisition will most likely add another $100 billion to their cap. I don't often pay that much attention to what an analyst says except for this guy has been spot on for the years I have followed him. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 8.23.28 PM.png

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So let me get this right, you are quite OK with the POTUS meddling in the markets so long as you make money out of it.

Don't hate the player hate the game. I merely maneuver around obstacles. It's actually the dems at the state level making me the most money. They have killed off all the small players and sent that money right into the big tech companies I invest in. So if you want to play the blame game took a look at the dems.

They have made the richest companies on the planet richer by a lot. I don't invest my politics I simply maneuver the ship however I think it works out best. I could really care less if there is a moral stance about Trump and Microsoft. Much like I don't care that Microsoft is a very liberal woke company. 

It's just business.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

So maybe Microsoft convinced Trump to "allow" them to buy TikTok because it  would mean  all this  "data" would  be kept in the US and "available"  to Trump via security  requests?  Mr Trump...you wanna get those nasty lil teens that laugh at  you? We  can do it  for you  !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

The Dems at state level in WV are making you money. Sounds strange, would you mind explaining?

Sure, by declaring a handful of companies essential, my stock in those companies have spiked. Walmart, Amazon, Home Depot, come to mind. There are only so many places that are allowed to be open.

AMZN has been "vaccinating" it's entire chain and has been running the show around therefor the past 6 months.So there Nisan example out of many. I will even give full names not tickers, Crowdstrike, Chipotle, Mcdondalds Amazon, Adobe, Salesforce, Zoom, etc.

There has been a ton of money made lately. The stock market is strong in a weak economy, why? Are you going to go out and buy German Bunds?

The stock market is divorced from the American economy and bifurcated between value stocks/traps with tech winning. 

So closing all local restaurants in places like WV put the businesses with wide supply chains and excellent logistics ahead of the curve by around 5 years.

Edited by Cryingdick

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

So maybe Microsoft convinced Trump to "allow" them to buy TikTok because it  would mean  all this  "data" would  be kept in the US and "available"  to Trump via security  requests?  Mr Trump...you wanna get those nasty lil teens that laugh at  you? We  can do it  for you  !

tech companies hate Trump but love his policies.

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

tech companies hate Trump but love his policies.

I think that all the major  Corporates love Trump's policies because they have/are so successfully  manipulating his egotistic self deception into providing them with the capacity  to overwhelm established  barriers of protection  to the public in general. The  final push for Corporate rule and ultimately the chaotic reaction that will come from it.

"Make hay while the summer sun shines" ignores the fact a winter comes not long after !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Sure, by declaring a handful of companies essential, my stock in those companies have spiked. Walmart, Amazon, Home Depot, come to mind. There are only so many places that are allowed to be open.

AMZN has been "vaccinating" it's entire chain and has been running the show around therefor the past 6 months.So there Nisan example out of many. I will even give full names not tickers, Crowdstrike, Chipotle, Mcdondalds Amazon, Adobe, Salesforce, Zoom, etc.

There has been a ton of money made lately. The stock market is strong in a weak economy, why? Are you going to go out and buy German Bunds?

The stock market is divorced from the American economy and bifurcated between value stocks/traps with tech winning. 

So closing all local restaurants in places like WV put the businesses with wide supply chains and excellent logistics ahead of the curve by around 5 years.

Thanks.

So it was not really the dems in WV.

• Like 1