Schoolgirl trapped in hole outside Anti-Corruption Museum

snoop1130

Schoolgirl trapped in hole outside Anti-Corruption Museum

By The Nation

800_4c4feac614d0897.jpg

Photo by Tanachai Pramarnpanic

A Bangkok schoolgirl faced a nerve-wracking rescue today (August 3) after her leg became trapped in a drainage hole opposite Government House.

Rescue volunteers with heavy equipment were called to the scene in front of the Anti-Corruption Museum on Phitsanulok road, which the girl was visiting with her classmates.

They arrived to find her leg had disappeared beneath the surface of the road up to the knee and she was unable to pull it out.

They spent 20 minutes hammering away at the tarmac around the hole before finally freeing the girl, who escaped with just minor injuries. She explained that she had toured the museum with her class and then accidentally fell into the hole before returning to her bus.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392367?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-03

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Anti-Corruption Museum

Hahahaha .. bet they ain't got any Rolex or cans of Red Bull in there .. 

19 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

She explained that she had toured the museum with her class and then accidentally fell into the hole before returning to her bus

Imagine if she hadn't fallen in the hole and got on the bus which then had brake failure ( which can happen you know ) instead .. things could've been much worse then so on the face of it the falling in a drain might have been fate at work .. 

How many stories like this are there per year. There's another one from Phuket today as well. I've probably gone through the sidewalk at one point in my time here. I know another foreigner who really hurt her leg going through one of those cheap gutter covers. #ThailandNeverChanges

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:31 PM, hotchilli said:

Lucky she found one that small... some I've seen are man-eaters!

Like those in Soi Cowboy ? Manholes i think they call them or that's just one name you can use. 

Edited by Reigntax
  • Like 1