2Pac had Barnsley pen pal who sent him a copy of Oasis’ ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’

snoop1130

2Pac had Barnsley pen pal who sent him a copy of Oasis’ ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’

By Will Lavin

GettyImages-1125955705-696x442.jpg

2Pac. CREDIT: Raymond Boyd/Getty Images

It’s been revealed that 2Pac had a pen pal from Barnsley who once sent the rapper a copy of Oasis‘ ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’.

Nina Bhadreshwar, a former writer for the Barnsley Chronicle, has shared details of her relationship with the late rapper, real name Tupac Shakur, which started after she was advised to interview him by Naughty By Nature rapper Treach during a trip to New York.

“He advised me I should check out someone called Tupac,” Bhadreshwar, told The Guardian. “I was more into rave then, but the first time I heard his album ‘Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z…’, I got goosebumps. He knew pain the way I did. I got in touch with his publicist for an interview and she said to send copies of my magazine.”

She continued: “I was back in Barnsley a few months later when the phone rang and I asked who it was. The voice said, ‘It’s Tupac. You sent me a copy of your fly-ass magazine.’ He asked me to keep sending it, and we started corresponding by letter.”

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/2pac-had-barnsley-pen-pal-who-sent-him-a-copy-of-oasis-whats-the-story-morning-glory-2719791