Non b without leaving

Working for a boi company and my boss has checked again this morning with someone on the phone from BOI - the process to this day remains unchanged. Foreigners working for a boi company need to get the Non b outside of Thailand. I 100% cannot get the non B in Thailand or through an agency there is no back doors/ loop holes for boi companies. So I honestly don’t know what to do.

come 26 September we all probably get kicked out or maybe they extend it again?

i fly out and get the non b and come in and be stuck in quarantine for 14 days at a huge cost.

also it’s worth noting that all the surrounding countries like Myanmar and sinagapore etc either are not letting people in unless you are a citizen of their country ... or you pay to quarantine your self for 2 weeks there first. Vietnam isn’t letting anyone in yet either.

4 weeks potentially in quarantine to get a non B? Lol.

once again it’s been made clear to me I can’t get the non b inside Thailand.

they have only just started issueing Wp acceptance letters this week so that’s a start in the right direction as that is needed as a requirement when submitting to ur documents for non B.

anyone else in this situation ?

Edited by Jackcwba
G
  • Like 1

Can't you get annual extension? Usually when you have work for BOI approved business you can get everything done at Chamchuri Square, floor 18 (the tower, not shopping mall). Non-B with adequate monthly income should be possible to extend in there.

31 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Can't you get annual extension? Usually when you have work for BOI approved business you can get everything done at Chamchuri Square, floor 18 (the tower, not shopping mall). Non-B with adequate monthly income should be possible to extend in there.

Extend what? I was only on a 60 day tourist that’s used it’s extension so now I’m just milking it on the amnesty Until I can fly out to get the non B, so these amnesty’s have been alright in a way for me but eventually I’m obviously going to need to non B, but they have done nothing to help people in this situation for the last 5 months?

not all of us needing to start work are teachers etc but  My mrs school is paying a 22K bribe to IM to get her non b sorted but with schools there is more gateways / doors. 

boi companies are different but yeah I’m really not sure what to do.. I guess come 26 September if they don’t extend the amnesty I’ll have to fly somewhere and quarantine and then go get the non b and then quarantine on my way back to Thailand. Can’t begin to imagine the costs.

Edited by Jackcwba
G

You could wait and see what will happen which can cost a lost of nerves or maybe you could switch to a complete other visa until the borders are open?. You could attend a class at your Mrs. school. Maybe for 3 or 6 Month?  Of course it will cost money. I also need to make a border run and I still hope that they will come up with a solution. 

15 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Extend what? I was only on a 60 day tourist that’s used it’s extension so now I’m just milking it on the amnesty getting cash in hand until I can fly out to get the non B, so these amnesty’s have been alright in a way for me but eventually I’m obviously going to need to non B, but they have done nothing to help people in this situation for the last 5 months?

not all of us needing to start work are teachers etc but  My mrs school is paying a 22K bribe to IM to get her non b sorted but with schools there is more gateways / doors. 

boi companies are different but yeah I’m really not sure what to do.. I guess come 26 September if they don’t extend the amnesty I’ll have to fly somewhere and quarantine and then go get the non b and then quarantine on my way back to Thailand. Can’t begin to imagine the costs.

Are you saying you were working for BOI company illegally? You're not allowed to work on tourist visa, nor can you apply for a work permit with it. Be careful who you share this information with.

As for the Non-B inside Thailand - they were discussing something for the teachers to be able to do it, and I don't think if government did that, it would be only for the teachers. Follow that thread.

For the rest, let's wait for someone with more information comes along. Apologies, I assumed you had a Non-B already and a work permit. Having none of them, this changes situation quite a bit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bestie said:

You could wait and see what will happen which can cost a lost of nerves or maybe you could switch to a complete other visa until the borders are open?. You could attend a class at your Mrs. school. Maybe for 3 or 6 Month?  Of course it will cost money. I also need to make a border run and I still hope that they will come up with a solution. 

You can not switch to another kind of visa without leaving Thailand to get the visa (except for 2 cases) so most of your post is meaningless.

There are only 2 reasons to get a visa in Thailand, marriage and retirement. Also while at some immigration offices you can get one of these a the moment without a current permission to stay stamp. At other offices they will refuse, it is under local control.

5 minutes ago, Ballbearing said:

Go to immigrations website - Ubonjoe helpfully posted the link for me.

You can change a Tourist visa to a Non Immigrant B without leaving Thailand.

There is a mountain of documentation to supply but as most already know - nothing is easy in Thailand

To OP: The BOI company might have an accountant or lawyer that can assist with Work Permit and non-B status, that method is often used by WP-holders. It was also used in my company when we had a farang employed, our accountant cleared all. It's worth checking.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, Jackcwba said:

Extend what? I was only on a 60 day tourist that’s used it’s extension so now I’m just milking it on the amnesty Until I can fly out to get the non B, so these amnesty’s have been alright in a way for me but eventually I’m obviously going to need to non B, but they have done nothing to help people in this situation for the last 5 months?

First of all the emergency decree must be lifted. After August 31 anything can happen and maybe borders to neighbouring countries will open up after September 26. 

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You can not switch to another kind of visa without leaving Thailand to get the visa (except for 2 cases) so most of your post is meaningless.

There are only 2 reasons to get a visa in Thailand, marriage and retirement. Also while at some immigration offices you can get one of these a the moment without a current permission to stay stamp. At other offices they will refuse, it is under local control.

You definitely forgot the education visa.

I'm also quite certain that getting a non-immigrant visa for working in Thailand is possible. Why else would immigration have a list of the required documents to do just that on their homepage? https://division2.immigration.go.th/content/sv_bwork

47 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I'm also quite certain that getting a non-immigrant visa for working in Thailand is possible. Why else would immigration have a list of the required documents to do just that on their homepage? https://division2.immigration.go.th/content/sv_bwork

That is the typical misunderstanding of the difference between changing the reason for permission to stay/using an extension of stay and issuing a visa. Also the difficulty that immigration may use the Thai that can be translated as visa when taking about an extension of stay.

Also no I did not forget the education visa. 

AFIK the only visa issued by immigration (excluding the elite visa, but that has some rather special conditions) is a Non-O for marriage or retirement.

The retirements for issuing the Non-O for both reasons are available from immigration in single documents with both English and Thai.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is the typical misunderstanding of the difference between changing the reason for permission to stay/using an extension of stay and issuing a visa. Also the difficulty that immigration may use the Thai that can be translated as visa when taking about an extension of stay.

I'm aware of the differences. The page to which i posted the link lists the requirements to convert a tourist visa or visa exempt to a non-immigrant visa for the reason of working, within Thailand.

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

AFIK the only visa issued by immigration (excluding the elite visa, but that has some rather special conditions) is a Non-O for marriage or retirement.

Then you know wrong. It's definitely possible to get a non-immigrant visa for the reason of education or volunteering issued at immigration, and i'm quite certain that one for the reason of working is possible as well.

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

@ubonjoe would you please advise which Visas, apart from the Non-O marriage & retirement and elite Visa, if any are issued under normal circumstances by an immigration office in Thailand.

Thanks for your time.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@ubonjoe would you please advise which Visas, apart from the Non-O marriage & retirement and elite Visa, if any are issued under normal circumstances by an immigration office in Thailand.

Here is a list translated to English (google translate) from Thai on this webpage. http://bangkokimmigration.com/change_visa/

image.png.d27d735ef4a291e53723ea13f1fb97a4.png