BANGKOK
Atarobs

Transferwise and Bangkok bank important news

I read here in this forum to use transferwise with Bangkok bank for transfer money from outside Thailand to inside for 40 k bath monthly salary for get marriage visa, I do transfer 40 k last day , today I ask to Bangkok bank where come from this money and bank said come from inside Thailand from kasikorn bank , so transferwise cannot use as proven money coming from outside Thailand 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, Moonlover said:

I and many others have used the transaction slip that you can download from TransferWise's website as unequivocal proof that the bank deposit originates from abroad.

I used them for my marriage extension last year and shall be doing the same again later this month. IOs are now quite familiar with them.

Which IO do you go to that allows the transferwise transaction slips?

20 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

@Atarobs > I did PM you a document outlining how to use TransferWise and ensure that you get hold of the evidence that the transfers you made with TW 'originated from abroad' and this irrespective of the thai bank-account you have that receives the transfers.

> To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

If you or others read my post #6, then you don't need anymore info about how to use TW if the transfers "have" to show up as International. I have read so much worthless info here about TW from posters with no knowledge or experience of TW what so ever. It's like a blind leading a blind if you get my drift. OP is talking about transfers to Bangkok Bank, TW's primary banking partner. There's no need for any "evidence" as you call it if you do it the correct way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, mcmco said:

Which IO do you go to that allows the transferwise transaction slips?

Sakon Nakhon. I first used them last July and I thought I might be the first one to do so as the Embassy letters were just expiring at that time. But no, the IO was already familiar with them. Someone had beaten me to it! And I have since read, on TVF.  that many others have been successful in various offices throughout the country using this same method.

@Max69xl I am well aware of how TransferWise operates, however as I do not bank with any of their partners in Thailand (I use Krungrsi) I am unable to obtain these FTT codes that you refer to. But, as I've already said, it doesn't matter, the T/W transaction slip, married to the entry in my bank account provided the proof the the IO wanted to see.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

@Max69xl I am well aware of how TransferWise operates, however as I do not bank with any of their partners in Thailand (I use Krungrsi) I am unable to obtain these FTT codes that you refer to. But, as I've already said, it doesn't matter, the T/W transaction slip, married to the entry in my bank account provided the proof the the IO wanted to see.

11 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Yes, you are correct.

Yes, I know I am. Which renders the rest of your diatribe in post #12 as unnecessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1