Kirsty Jones: Days remain to find backpacker's killer

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

From reading about this case over several years, it seems an open secret in Chiang Mai who the murderer is and why he is untouchable. 

If, and that's a big if, those various stories are true, then it seems obvious more effort was put into hiding rather than finding the perp!

That is common in Thailand. See Koh Tao, Kanchanburi tourist murders, Michael Wansley, Boss Red Bull and many, many more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2020 at 4:12 AM, Baerboxer said:

And how many murderers in Chicago, Toronto, or London don't get charged or investigated properly because of who their family is and/or large brown envelopes?

It's obvious Thai police are easily corrupted and swayed by brown envelopes. But let's not forget western countries are pretty much the same. Epstein is a great example, he got away with raping and trafficking children for decades, so did his handler, maxwell. U.N. UNICEF, child protective services etc. Are all well known international child trafficking organizations. 

We do get angry when murderers like "Boss" get away or the murder of this young lady but we have to keep a perspective the only reason why most of you don't know about the satanic child trafficking organizations that exist now is because of the news media and journalists. They are paid off with brown envelopes too and their job is to keep quiet. 

I get angry too when a murderer gets away but i try to keep a fair objective view. Western crime is no different, just more sophisticated, international and collusion than Thai. Which makes it much harder to defeat. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/4/2020 at 5:43 AM, Purdey said:

I am surprised that murder has a statute of limitations. Imagine meeting someone over dinner who boasts of having murdered someone in their youth and got away with it. What would you say?

Pass the salt please? ????

'WALKING FREE' 

Mum of Brit backpacker murdered in Thailand 20 years ago reveals heartbreak as cops close case

Adam Bennett

KJ.jpg

Brit backpacker Kirsty Jones was raped and strangled at a hostel in Chiang Mai twenty years ago. Credit: PA:Press Association

THE mum of a Brit backpacker murdered in Thailand 20 years ago has told of her pain as the case was closed.

Kirsty Jones, 23, was raped and strangled at a hostel in Chiang Mai on August 10, 2000.

But Thai laws mean a suspect must be charged within 20 years. Mum Sue said: ““It’s too late.

"As far as I know the case closed last Sunday.

"I’m very sad. You cling on and think maybe somebody will say something.”

Sue and husband Glyn last saw the Liverpool University graduate at the airport two months earlier.

Sue said: “To begin with I felt very, very sad that it was coming to an end because you cling on and think maybe somebody somewhere will say something, or maybe some sort of new evidence will be found.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12367932/mum-brit-backpacker-murdered-thailand/

-- The SUN 2020-8-13

• Sad 1