What are my rights if wife tries to get me out of the house

nicelee808

11 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Do you have a usufruct, a lease or any other real or contractual right to be in the property? Did you build the house before or after you married?

If you do not have any written rights then you are on shaky ground while your wife is on very firm ground. If you built the house after you are married you can argue that the house and perhaps the land is common property and that you have a right to be there until the divorce is finalised.

The problem with your position is that your wife can wait until you leave the property, close the gates and change the locks. If you try and force your way back in you will be fighting a losing battle.

It would be much worse if your wife was smart and she leased the property to a third party. If you forced your way back into their leased property matters could get extremely serious. Remember that people can be licensed to possess a firearm at their property to protect their life and property.

Up to you how hard you push, but personally I wouldn't stay where I wasn't wanted. Save your energy for the fight in Court.

If the Court grants you the right for your daughter to live with you then you will probably also get the right to remain in the house with your daughter until she reaches the age of 20.

I don't have anything for the house in my name or any agreement. My wife is at her mum's. The house was built around the same time as we got married. Can't remember if was before or after, was about 16 years ago

Just now, nicelee808 said:

I don't have anything for the house in my name or any agreement. My wife is at her mum's. The house was built around the same time as we got married. Can't remember if was before or after, was about 16 years ago

I think I would win my daughter in court as I have a salary and wife doesn't, and she hates her mum

11 minutes ago, blackcab said:

When was the land purchased?

The land was bought before we were married. But just checked the house book. Her name has always been my name so house book was made after we married. I'm on the house book as father of kids

• Like 2

Can you prove the money to buy the house came from you and your financing? Step 1. Get a consultation with a lawyer if you have the cash. Preferably a good lawyer. People on TV can guide you to a reputable one if you ask. Good luck. 12 year old daughter is usually daddy's best friend. 

2 hours ago, nicelee808 said:

The land was bought before we were married. But just checked the house book. Her name has always been my name so house book was made after we married. I'm on the house book as father of kids

The law is pretty clear on this part. The land is hers 100 per cent. If the house was built after you were married you may well get half the assessed value of the house, less your legal costs.

If your daughter chose to live with you then you could also get the right to stay in the house until your daughter reaches the age of 20.

Long term though, unless the house has great value, you won't be walking away with much. The depreciation on the house will knock a significant sum off of the assessed value of the house, especially if it is several years old.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Good luck mate. Just another nightmare over here with these Thai women..

Somehow I'm still with my one (just) she's stole money from me 3 or 4 times (and I'm not talking tiny piddly amounts like 20k baht either) even stole watches to pawn them

Lovely

9 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Worse day of my life was meeting her. 

Where/how you meeting her?

Just now, colinneil said:

He is not right, i am speaking from personal experience.

The police can only get involved when there is a threat of violence. A civil standby. They have no power to tell you to leave the house. The court makes the final decision. If you are being harassed, contact your embassy, and have them make note of everything that is happening, including making police reports on any threats. You said you're speaking of personal experience. What happened?

• Confused 1