Lazada COD - no pre advice and goods sent back

Jack Hna

Never had any issues with Lazada but I do not process the orders and I'm wondering if we are missing a trick.

The last 3 C.O.D orders we have not been at home and each time Mrs has advised we back in 1 hour and each time instead of coming back or trying on a different day or just calling ahead of time, they return goods to seller.

We used to get a notification one day ahead but not recently and I am wondering is there a special instructions one must put on order for driver to call ahead to ensure someone is available? 

If you check online for the delivery status, they notify the package tracking and the day the package is out for delivery.

Telling the courrier driver to come back in one hour does not work as I think they will not manage their company and delivery schedule around everyones personal circumstances.

There are options:

to check online the delivery date, phone the courrier company, to leave money at home with someone or a neighbour who could pay for and receive the package or reschedule with lazada online or by phone for a new delivery date the next day.

If you do not inform lazada and reschedule a new delivery date they would return the package to the seller.

Edited by userabcd

13 minutes ago, userabcd said:

If you check online for the delivery status, they notify the package tracking and the day the package is out for delivery.

That used to be the case....in the Covid-19 era...they seem to be using all manner of slipshod delivery methods...I've had packages handed off to taxi drivers who show up at my door with my delivery. The delivery companies seem to be sub contracting out to anyone who can stick a few packages in their vehice for the final leg. They track to a certain point but seemingly that last leg for all but larger items is a crapshoot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonray said:

That used to be the case....in the Covid-19 era...they seem to be using all manner of slipshod delivery methods...I've had packages handed off to taxi drivers who show up at my door with my delivery. The delivery companies seem to be sub contracting out to anyone who can stick a few packages in their vehice for the final leg. They track to a certain point but seemingly that last leg for all but larger items is a crapshoot.

Not my experience at all. I'm in Bangkok and the out for delivery is always notified online on the lazada and courrier tracking website by about 08h00 on the day of delivery.

Noticed no difference in notification and tracking deliveries pre and post covid times.

Edited by userabcd

The shoddy delivery is the current state of play. They also used to call ahead. Makes no sense to just turn up once hoping people are in. Needs a click and collect or depot option this current system is awful. 3 hour window can be done it's not difficult and even you could track them like grab can be tracked.  Much room for improvement.

• Like 1

Just now, Grumpy one said:

They have changed the delivery company in my area

Kerry were great, a phone call in the morning and another about 1mhour before delivery.

Now they have Lex Th. and its a hit an miss affair that takes close to a week to get my orders

Yh that's lazadas own firm your right that's the difference these boys are pants.  Chap saying it cannot be done. What planet is this Bangkok bimbo living on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Yh that's lazadas own firm your right that's the difference these boys are pants.  Chap saying it cannot be done. What planet is this Bangkok bimbo living on.

Now now, no need to be rude and insulting.

Edited by userabcd
  • Sad 1

Just now, userabcd said:

Now now, no need to be rude and insulting.

Come on now if you must say silly things it's ok to have laugh here right? I mean you must be laughing at yourself now. It's only a laugh, your reading me the riot act over lazada and you are wrong. Toughen the skin up it's only a laugh.

I too have been having more and more problems as time passes and it started before Covid.  I now only do COD because drivers had a habit of dropping my orders off where ever they felt like it in the village.  However according to Lazada ID must be shown to the driver before handing it over.  I used to get emails from lazada advising every step, and I always knew it would come the following day.  The drivers used to phone...no more?  

My latest disappointment, and I admit it started with my bad, is that I gave the wrong phone number for wife.  She had some phone problems and changed her number but didnt tell me until the day after I ordered.  I immediately changed the number on my a/c profile and tried to advise new number with regards to current order.  They dont want to know.  I messaged the supplier but told me order already despatched.  However Lazada says not picked up till next day??

But what really puzzles me, considering we are living in the 21st century, and everyone has a mobile phone, that no-one can actually get on the phone and call or sms the number change?

The other thing is the driver cant find me even though I am the only farang in the village (and obvious from my name on my order) and been here so long most locals know me, or of me??

And then to top it all off I get all these emails wanting me to rate their service but no-one is interested and nothing changes??

I am seriously looking for an alternative to Lazada.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

To a point I can agree with you there. I have had stuff delivered by unmarked panel vans and once by the driver of a nondescript black Vios. lazada has added at least a couple of new carriers since the pandemic kicked off, one of them is Flash Express who had issues with our house address on file whereas Kerry and others before never did. I made some 'corrections' to the address on file with lazada and it it's all good now but typically, it's the same driver who delivers to a certain area and even if an address was wrong, maybe the Kerry guys just made a mental note.

But I digress. The other newer 'mystery' shipper is lazada express logistics. However, if I have an order in (I usually wait until I need 5 or 6 things rather than a one-off), I check the tracking number from lazada against each shipping company's website and so far when it shows the package is actually received at the local hub and out for delivery, it's here within a few hours.

WRT the OP's observations, the delivery trucks never did call backs. They also call twice ahead of delivery; once to confirm that you will be there to receive the order (this call can be on the previous day) and the second call is from the delivery driver confirming address and if someone is there to receive it. If you miss those calls, you either need call the shipper to confirm a re-delivery time and date or more recently, do it online.

Edited by NanLaew

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I too have been having more and more problems as time passes and it started before Covid.  I now only do COD because drivers had a habit of dropping my orders off where ever they felt like it in the village.  However according to Lazada ID must be shown to the driver before handing it over.  I used to get emails from lazada advising every step, and I always knew it would come the following day.  The drivers used to phone...no more?  

My latest disappointment, and I admit it started with my bad, is that I gave the wrong phone number for wife.  She had some phone problems and changed her number but didnt tell me until the day after I ordered.  I immediately changed the number on my a/c profile and tried to advise new number with regards to current order.  They dont want to know.  I messaged the supplier but told me order already despatched.  However Lazada says not picked up till next day??

But what really puzzles me, considering we are living in the 21st century, and everyone has a mobile phone, that no-one can actually get on the phone and call or sms the number change?

The other thing is the driver cant find me even though I am the only farang in the village (and obvious from my name on my order) and been here so long most locals know me, or of me??

And then to top it all off I get all these emails wanting me to rate their service but no-one is interested and nothing changes??

I am seriously looking for an alternative to Lazada.

All you need to do is address it to your wife. Your name becomes an obstacle to the driver. Normal Thai name, no curiousity, no fear, just a standard delivery. But yes Lazada has become a pain of late. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently experiencing delivery issues with both with Lazada AND Shopee at the same time. One is pre-paid order (Lazada). System says courier had tried to deliver but failed...while nobody has contacted neither me nor our 24/7 reception (who normally take & pay deliveries). Supposed to come try deliver again in 1-2 days, today is 3rd day and as of yet seen nothing.

Shopee is COD delivery, and similar information in system other than they presumably have tried to deliver TWICE, yet nobody contacted me or reception.

Prior to this have had tens of orders over the years, and no issues whatsoever until now. Couple of returns and even those worked like a dream.

Wonder if the have started to use some 'Thai style' courier that is lazy to deliver or what...maybe it is the Thai thing that after a while, things will start to go off-track as things get localised...

Yes, Lazada are getting to be a bit problematic.

I've had two deliveries from them this last week.

One, that was supposedly arriving on Friday turned up on Tuesday!  They did phone though.

The second, that was supposed to delivered by Kerry, turned up in an unmarked van with no warning at all.  Luckily, someone was here to receive it.

The Lex tracking has been hopeless lately - doesn't get updated for days then suddenly you get 'out for delivery'.  Either that or no update and the parcel just turns up unannounced.

Kerry used to be reliable but seem to be having similar issues.  My latest Kerry tracking number apparently never made it into their system as it could never be found!

Latest order should be delivered sometime next week.  Currently being 'processed' and I predict that it will remain so for several days.  It will arrive eventually - unless it gets mysteriously cancelled for no apparent reason, which happened to one of my orders from a few weeks ago.  No explanation for the cancellation and I only found out from the website.  No email sent.

• Like 1