Has the US become a laughingstock to the world?

asiacurious

It's an embarrassment but honestly, it has been for quite some time.........

Two of the biggest challenges in my lifetime, mass shootings and Covid, and the big bad bully just gave up and shrug their shoulders.

But if you at so many other issues.

Higher education.............It's criminal how expensive college/university is in the US

Then you look at most of the rankings that you judge a country by(education, health, etc) and they are nowhere near the top in most of these

My Thai wife cried with joy when she got her 10yr US visa(we live in Canada)

Now she refuses to go to the US

What a turn of events in our life

Even before the pandemic, we were looking at the different places my stepson can go to study abroad on an exchange program and he could go to Los Angeles and we had no desire to send him there. Rather he go to Europe.

And Trump has damaged so many relationships with our allies that they then realized they can get on without us............The US was faltering before Trump, but he put the mail in the coffin.

It will never recover from his Presidency..........

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

At present yes, but I'm sure another country will overtake them.

No. This is very different. The USA has been seen up until recently as the defacto global leader of the "free" world in the time of crisis and even in normal times. That has been completely disrupted under the current USA potus and it will take decades to repair that damage, if it ever is. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Let's not forget what Nixon and Kissinger did to Cambodia and Vietnam in the 70's, ran like mongrel dogs and left them at the mercy of the communists! Can we also forget Bush and his WMD, Weapons of Mass Deception and the destruction of Iraq! Trump and the Chinese pandemic that will just go away with over 150,000 dead Americans! Intravenous disinfectant? Why do Americans vote for republicans? 

That's a bit one sided. Kennedy, a Democrat got them into it and Johnson, a Democrat, escalated the Vietnam war. Nixon just continued the carnage. Far as I remember, the US ran away after Nixon had resigned.

Why do Americans vote GOP- because they have a better campaign? Voters usually vote for whomever they think will give them a better deal.

The culture and priorities have been wrong for a long time.

Abuse of the social programs and ridiculous health care costs 

have all been festering up until now.

Anyone with half a brain can see how orchestrated much of this was.

• Like 1

As a Briton who has met many more pleasant Americans than unpleasant, I consider seeing ones friendly, if sometimes overbearing and misguided cousin, descend into paranoid schizophrenia, nothing to laugh about.

Edited by Enoon

Well this thread is cute. An America bashing thread in the ‘Rona forum which specifically states:

“A forum dedicated to information and discussion related to the current pandemic. This is not for conspiracy theories or any form of political discussion.”

Guess the rules only apply one way ????

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Well this thread is cute. An America bashing thread in the ‘Rona forum which specifically states:

“A forum dedicated to information and discussion related to the current pandemic. This is not for conspiracy theories or any form of political discussion.”

Guess the rules only apply one way ????

You may well be right.

//CLOSED//