Expats believe Thailand is correct to keep its borders closed to foreign tourists

webfact

Just now, shackleton said:

I think the Farangs who Are involved in the Bars Hotel restaurant business are the ones who need the Tourists mainly Western to come vack as soon as possible

In reality this us not going to happen this year and proberly early bect year

At best unless a cure for 5ge Cori

Didn't get to finish as computer playing up

At best unless a cure for the Corivirus is  found things not looking positive for a long time yet 

• Like 1

I have a flight booked for a return to the UK in early September to re-supply my business here in Thailand.

My only concern is that I may make a decision on the ability to return  based on what the Government here rules when I leave. If those rules change whilst I’m away I may be stuck outside Thailand for a long time.

Taking a cautious approach, I’m not so sure whether this will be a problem for another year. I have business competitors in the UK that are sending stock but will find it difficult to return here to sell it.

So, not all the problems involved with travel impact only tourism. Good for Thailand though as they would much rather be self sufficient and not import anything.

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My businesses have been relatively unaffected except during the month of April during lockdown. 

Guess I am lucky we have nothing to do with tourism. 

That being said I am expecting a knock on effect eventually, no business will immune to the looming global economic disaster. 

Same for me not much effect but I do expect it. Though if i play my cards right i might get more business. But still i postpone big cost for now to see how things will go.

I also am for the closure of the country. Why import it. One of my clients (Dutch in Netherlands) had the virus, her BF had the virus and both her parents too. For her and her BF it was not so bad but for her parents it still effects them after being cured. People who sported a lot had power but now can't do a thing anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

I think the Farangs who Are involved in the Bars Hotel restaurant business are the ones who need the Tourists mainly Western to come vack as soon as possible

In reality this us not going to happen this year and proberly early bect year

At best unless a cure for 5ge Cori

Also those into the bar scene want the country to open up and the girls back restrictions lifted. Its a certain portion of the foreigners that want the borders open. 

The people who are retired and married and here already often don't want it open. Others who run tourist business or like the bar scene want everything back to normal.

Actually I think everyone wants everything back to normal its just that some people understand that that is not yet possible. 

• Like 1

I am just reading to days news  that Singapore is going to put an electronic tag on all incoming passengers AND some foreign ex pat residents. It doesn't say what ones--just says selected groups....... Not allowed to post the link here but if you know Jack, it's the headlines.

Gosh can you imagine that here---I mean hit a computer button 3 times a year is shear agony ...an electronic tag...there wouldn't be enough cheese to go with the all the Whining

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, time2093 said:

I would think that the expats who took this poll are not the ones on Non O visa who depend on the boarders being open to stay in Thailand.

I would think you have access to the exact same 1-year extension as the rest of us. You not utilizing that extension is your own decision, but it naturally comes with pros and cons.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, time2093 said:

I would think that the expats who took this poll are not the ones on Non O visa who depend on the boarders being open to stay in Thailand.

I took the poll and you are correct, Iam not on a Non O visa.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

58% voted ‘yes’, while 42% voted ‘no’.

It really needed to be asked whether the voters were affected by tourism .

A persons whose income is affected by tourism is highly likely to want them to be allowed back in again for the sole reason it personally affects him .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Besides, tourism is only 12% of GDP so it won't really be missed ????

It wont and it hasnt. Foreign Currency Reserves are up another $22 Billion since March. Thailand could sit this out indefinately but the people connected to tourism are certainly badly affected

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

What does your visa say ?

Tourist ?

Anyway, IF , you are already in Thailand, this poll doesnt concern you

It says I am a non-immigrant, which means if I do not fit into their criteria, I must <deleted> off.

I am in LOS, and this thread does concern me..????

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

It says I am a non-immigrant, which means if I do not fit into their criteria, I must <deleted> off.

I am in LOS, and this thread does concern me..????

"Should tourists be allowed back into Thailand " is the question .

*Should non immigrants be forced to leave Thailand *  , is NOT the question .

• Confused 1