Buy iPad 7 10.2" (Model TH) Cellular-Where pls?

notrub

My niece has just been accepted to study to become a nurse.  (Hurray!)  Turns out that one of the essential items to buy is an iPad 7 10.2" (Model TH) Wifi, Cellular, 128GB.  Guess what?  Sold out everywhere I have looked.  I checked on Amazon and Ebay too.  They are not sold out but are the same price or more than buying a Thai model from a local official Apple reseller such as Banana or Studio 7.  Cannot even get an estimated delivery date.  These shops offer to put us on the waiting list for next delivery.  Any comments/ideas please?  Thanks in advance, as usual.

Call The 2 Apple stores In Bangkok or order from the Apple store online they will get products before independent Apple affiliates. The Apple store will give a delivery date but will usually deliver early.

The only thing different about a “Thai” iPad is that it has the (minimal) instructions in Thai. All WiFi iPads are equal and can be started in Thai if you wish.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Why not try ordering online at www.apple.com/ ? Or, maybe phone one of the two official Apple Stores in Bangkok. There is one in Icon Siam, and a new one that has just opened ( or is about to open in front of Central World.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-10.2/

There should be somewhere to choose the site in English or Thai.

Edited by phetphet

I buy to my girl from Finland. Much more cheaper than in LOS. But when buy sell to my misses , it was EU lock.

But easy open , only put my Finland sim card in and call 10 minutes call to Finland and its unlock.

So if you can get somebody to buy to you in home coundry its better imo. If safe to sent here! Also i dont know Thai

warranty policy , so reason i buy from Finland. Seems to me its normaly been hard to get warranty if something go wrong.

5 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

I buy to my girl from Finland. Much more cheaper than in LOS. But when buy sell to my misses , it was EU lock.

But easy open , only put my Finland sim card in and call 10 minutes call to Finland and its unlock.

So if you can get somebody to buy to you in home coundry its better imo. If safe to sent here! Also i dont know Thai

warranty policy , so reason i buy from Finland. Seems to me its normaly been hard to get warranty if something go wrong.

The WiFi version is not locked, it doesn’t have a sim card slot and the warranty is worldwide.

at over 8000 mAh battery, that is one of iphones best phones,

but it has only 3 GB RAM which is budget phone stats

and frankly too low, i use more then that and i barely use the phone.

Doogee BL9000 has 9000 mAh battery and 6 GB RAM,

if she care more about performance then brand then its going to make her happier

19 hours ago, notrub said:

My niece has just been accepted to study to become a nurse.  (Hurray!)  Turns out that one of the essential items to buy is an iPad 7 10.2" (Model TH) Wifi, Cellular, 128GB.

Is that a minimum requirement or an absolute?  I suspect a minimum requirement and if you have some available cash then upgrade to something that's available.  

Thanks for all the comments.  For a start, I always make myself feel poor by changing Euros to Baht at 1 for 1 so 18,400 Euros (+the 'pencil and keyboard, say 20k) for an ipad is a monthly budget crushing sum.  This 1 for 1 habit keeps me honest and living within my real budget of 100 baht a week (2 takeaways = 2 days food and a diet of sand for 5).  

Next, it was me who researched the model and the gen 7 is the best value and I think most recent.  Wifi and sim connectivity is important I think and is not a big extra cost.  There is no memory slot so the device storage is what you get.  128GB is pretty modest these days so 'we' are going for that too.  I have since learned via youtube that extra memory can be added using the APPLE Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, however, but that is a bit fiddly.  

Next, I did look at other sources via ebay and amazon but the cost is more with shipping.  Unless there is a real essential reason to buy abroad I will try to source here in Thailand, preferably from a shop near the uni.  After sales service will be better that way, I hope.

Finally, for those who suggested going to apple shop directly do you have contact details please?  I have looked online but the sites I found for apple just say out of stock with no options to order.  I will look again and only ask here to tag this question onto this note.  Thanks.

My family are good, well respected members of this community and I am lucky to have landed with them.  This village was founded by escapees from Laos many decades ago so unfortunately the language is a confusing patois blend of the two languages (Thai,Laos).  Never mind, happy to be here.  I am also happy to have an usufruct on the land where I built my house for reasons some of you may have experienced.  I mention this to state that I am not being tricked into buying something that is not needed etc..

Thanks again for your time and thoughts.  The search goes on...

10 hours ago, notrub said:

Quick update.  Just searched on

https://www.apple.com/ipad-10.2/

And eventually ended up with a computer shop in Phuket  They have a number in stock.  Even the colour I was looking for.

They may have just listed these tablets as they were not there yesterday but I did not search for ipad-10.2 .  ???

Thanks again.

That is the wrong terminology to look for and the wrong Apple store the correct Apple store is here for the model you want you can get free engraving and the shipping is quoted as 1 ~ 2 weeks however Apple almost always delivers faster than quoted. It may well be in stock in central world. I would add AppleCare I feel that for an iPad it’s cheap accident insurance. Give them a call and they can confirm if it’s in store.

04873FB4-7A04-4FCF-BCE3-9D783E06B528.jpeg.962414e3f635a72a9a31acf607afd23e.jpeg

Thanks,  I already ordered an Ipad 10" Gen 7 and it is on the way.  I also found a stylus/pen on lazada that came to less than 1000 delivered.  Apple pen is about 5000 baht.    '100% Authentic (Wiwu) Stylus Pen for iPad High Precision Resealable Tablet Touch Pencil for iPad 9.7 inch (2018) etc.'  It is the 'Magic pen' model .  I am interested in the insurance thanks for the info.  Do I just google apple extended care do you think?

Thanks for the comments.

Screenshot (177).png

17 hours ago, notrub said:

I am interested in the insurance thanks for the info.  Do I just google apple extended care do you think?

No. It is AppleCare+ only available from Apple  You can see the information on the Apple website. You get up to 2 accidents covered with the repaired or replacement costing a small amount “iPad (all other models):฿1,600. You also get another support for 2 years

1. Buy AppleCare + with your new iPad.Your
  2. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPad purchase:
    • On your device (go to "Settings > General> About "and select the AppleCare + coverage available)
    • Online (requires your confirmationnumberStationaryAnd enable diagnostics fromLong distance)
    • At an Apple Store (requirednumberInstalled)
    • Call 1800 019 900 (requires that you enable remote diagnostics and provide evidenceConfirmation of purchase)

Good,  Thanks very much.  It is for my niece so it is good that she can register it and the extended care in her name. I bought the Ipad and the Wiwu pen 2 days ago from different suppliers and they both will arrive this AM via Kerry.  I took the advice of one member and pay by COD now when possible.  Thanks again

On 8/6/2020 at 3:02 PM, notrub said:

I also found a stylus/pen on lazada that came to less than 1000 delivered.  Apple pen is about 5000 baht.

She will probably just use it to take notes, and in this case a third party pen is fine.

But if you want to use it for drawing pictures you want the original Apple pen, because only the Apple pen is pressure sensitive.

This wiwu pen (magic model) comes with normal tip plus 2 others free.  Thanks ravip, I found one and it was in stock.  All the other suppliers seem to be out of stock for now for how long?  Anyway, got on and that will do for now.  Thanks for your interest.  B

• Like 1