Cambodia lowers cash deposit for COVID-19 service charges from foreign travelers to 2,000 USD

geovalin

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So regretting walking on a plane in a covid storm back in Mid March as id be loving the peace and quiet..

Hope to get back to work out an agreement with a cutie and have a cold one with Britman at T Bar....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I have a feeling that there wont be too much money left 

Most people report getting almost all of the money back.

The difficulty will arise if someone on your flight tests positive. In that case you have to pay for 14 days supervised quarantine which will make a sizable dent in your deposit.

And of course no way to predict.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Most people report getting almost all of the money back.

The difficulty will arise if someone on your flight tests positive. In that case you have to pay for 14 days supervised quarantine which will make a sizable dent in your deposit.

And of course no way to predict.

Assuming Cambodia is equivalent to LOS, cost of room with ensuite in LOS is 1,000 baht or less, cost of food per day is 300 baht. 1,300 X 14 is 18,200 by my calculation. Hardly US$2,000.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Assuming Cambodia is equivalent to LOS, cost of room with ensuite in LOS is 1,000 baht or less, cost of food per day is 300 baht. 1,300 X 14 is 18,200 by my calculation. Hardly US$2,000.

Those are not the costs of ASQ in LOS. You don't just stay in any hotel and eat regular food. You go into an approved private quarantine facility with meals provided. In  LOS costs start at about 36,000 and go over 100,000 baht depending on choice of facility. I don't know the Cambodia costs.

The funds also include 2 COVID tests and in case either is positive, any amount for hospitalization not covered by your mandatory insurance.

Until recently the required deposit was $3,000, they just lowered it to $2,000.

Aside form covering costs of tests, quarantine etc , a purpose of the deposit is to ensure that people allowed to quarantine at home still show up for the day 13/14 repeat COVUD test without the government having to chase them down. You can't get your deposit back until you have had that second test and it was negative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Has to be a not so subtle way of saying to prospective tourists that they are not wanted, IMO.

Tourism is altogether banned, no tourist visas being issued. This has nothing to do with tourism.

17 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

So tourists still can’t go right?

Correct.

I doubt many would want to  in any case given the 14 day quarantine (and in not a few cases, further quarantine upon return to their home country.)

This is for people who live in Cambodia: people working there. people with businesses there, retirees who have made it their home etc.

• Like 1