Pattaya: International marijuana smuggling gang operating out of Soi Bua Khao restaurant

webfact

Pattaya: International marijuana smuggling gang operating out of Soi Bua Khao restaurant

2pm.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported that an international marihuana smuggling operation was centered around the owner of the Jamjuree Restaurant in Soi Bua Khao, Pattaya. 

Ganja was being sold to foreign tourists. 

Three men were arrested following a sting conducted by a foreign operative.

The foreigner was involved in the arrest of "Mac", 18, who was found in possession of 31 bars of compressed ganja weighing one kilo each and 39.6 grams of crystal meth. 

A Toyota Camry, 277,220 baht, a gold necklace and four baht weight gold amulet were taken into evidence after the arrest at the Jamjuree Restaurant. 

This led to the arrest of Wiwat or "Boy", 53, with ten blocks of ganja and a Vios at the same location. 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

Later Somkid or "Kid", 49, was arrested with 66 kilo blocks on Mitraphap Road in Muang district of Chonburi along with a Vios and a Cefiro. 

The drugs came from Laos and were being distributed among foreign tourists in Pattaya, said INN.

They named several other people in the supply line but only reported three arrests.

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-04

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Out of Soi Bua Khao? I'm shocked, and i thought that this soi is only populated with places of worship, nuns and clergy men crushing grapes making sacramental wines...

Lol Pattaya is where all the international drug dealers gather to import and export while paying the police off . Been going on for years and is how half Of these guys keeps the doors open . 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Out of Soi Bua Khao? I'm shocked, and i thought that this soi is only populated with places of worship, nuns and clergy men crushing grapes making sacramental wines...

Don,t be silly...it is a peaceful and affluent residential area however....dealing drugs well I,m gobsmacked :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Lol Pattaya is where all the international drug dealers gather to import and export while paying the police off . Been going on for years and is how half Of these guys keeps the doors open . 

"customers".....:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They named several other people in the supply line but only reported three arrests.

Perps! Slap them once, they'll talk, slap them 5 times to shut them up!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

a gold necklace and four baht weight gold amulet were taken into evidence after the arrest at the Jamjuree Restaurant. 

No luck with THAT amulet!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

They are kidding with names like that .. Boy need to swap monikers with Mac .. or maybe Kid ..

jesus Thailand hub of totally unimaginative half inched English three letter name's ..  

Wouldn't that be, 'Jesus, 33'?

18 hours ago, Don Mega said:

No surprises there, that soi is notorious for drugs... Its how a fair few of the businesses keep the doors open.

Just looked it up on maps. It's not on main. Soi Buakao as Farangs know it. It's called Buakao 15 and connects second road with Soi Buakao which passes the Mercure hotel. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Just looked it up on maps. It's not on main. Soi Buakao as Farangs know it. It's called Buakao 15 and connects second road with Soi Buakao which passes the Mercure hotel. 

Wow, I just checked, someone told me about that place months ago. They set up a little open stall at the side of the bar/restaurant and people were coming and going all day. That`s how it stayed open with no customers ever in the place.

Here's the solution: Legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Thailand. They could do that tomorrow by fiat.

Thailand makes enormous amounts of money. People get stoned. Where's the downside on this? Maybe having an alternative intoxicant remedies the rampant alcoholism of this country.

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:00 PM, mr mr said:

hahaha selling mexican trail mix to tourists ?

that's not even weed they are displaying. 

Really Sherm?

They've been pressing the buds into blocks like that for years......

2 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Here's the solution: Legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Thailand. They could do that tomorrow by fiat.

Thailand makes enormous amounts of money. People get stoned. Where's the downside on this? Maybe having an alternative intoxicant remedies the rampant alcoholism of this country.

Or maybe, just maybe, exacerbates it!

Edited by jacko45k