Thai man, 67, says he was conned by a Thai woman teacher - but she was already married!

webfact

Thai man, 67, says he was conned by a Thai woman teacher - but she was already married!

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 67 year old Thai man has gone to the police in Ratchaburi and filed documents with the court saying he was conned into love by a Thai teacher in Phangnga. 

Love bloomed for Nop after he met Tik on Facebook. They chatted and chatted and soon were exchanging video calls. 

Everything seemed perfect. She was young too, twenty nine years his junior at 38. 

Nop contacted her mum and it was arranged that as part of the marriage deal he would buy her a four door pick-up and build a house on land they owned in Khuraburi. 

In one video call he showed her the contents of his safe containing 500,000 baht in cash and other valuables. 

Nop started paying the instalments at 5,000 baht a time and Tik started making visits. 

She moved in with him for a few months during lockdown when her school closed. 

But he couldn't understand why she kept turning down his marriage proposals. Soon there were arguments and she went home to mother.

Then sent a picture of herself with a gun to her head. He feared for her safety and posted it on social media in Phangnga. She begged him to erase the post as she was losing face.

That was when the penny started to drop. 

A person of good intentions contacted Nop to say that Tik had been with a man for five years.

She even had a child. 

The final straw came when pictures appeared of her with the man at an engagement ceremony.

And the man posted in foul language: "You had her for six months - now I'll take her back".

Nop said he felt like a fool and is suffering depression. It was lucky that he hadn't lost all his 500,000 baht but he had parted with about 100,000 in installments and electrical appliances for the family.

He has filed charges against five people including Tik. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-04

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thai cheating farang old news, Thai cheating Thai is news...

I guess when the Thai men run out of money they move on to cheat the farangs who have money. Life gets better as you move up the ladder.

It appears to me everybody is cheating everybody in this country called Thailand. Is it an illusion? Can somebody please tell me if it is really what is going on?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Are they sure he is Thai and not a farang? 

Yes, very unusual and yes so many have loaned substantial amounts and talking about 600k baht and they give the loan back to a Niece and guess what never give it back to the loanee. SCUM OF THE EARTH 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In one video call he showed her the contents of his safe containing 500,000 baht in cash and other valuables. 

Ah, the old Harry Enfield “just look at my wad” ploy. 

Nice

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

The older we get the more stupid we get when it comes to women  :ermm:

Actually I'm opposite, age has garnished me wisdom and foresight.
I guess with the absence of foreigners it's now Thais turn... but they should know better.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, poloshirt said:

I guess when the Thai men run out of money they move on to cheat the farangs who have money. Life gets better as you move up the ladder.

It appears to me everybody is cheating everybody in this country called Thailand. Is it an illusion? Can somebody please tell me if it is really what is going on?

When money is elevated to the status of godhood in a society nothing else matters, not even face... 

23 hours ago, poloshirt said:

No illusion, survival of the craftiest/greediest!