Van & Bus Transportation, Bangkok - Kanchanaburi

allane

Am I correct that vans depart from the old Sai Tai Mai Bus Station, at the bend on Borom Ratchathani Road ? Are there still buses to Kanchanaburi, perhaps from the new Sai Tai Mai, which is about 7 km west of the old one ? Does anyone know the approximate frequency at mid-morning ? Thank you.

I have lived in Thailand a long time, and certainly know that. I now live several hours outside of Bangkok. The last time I was in that part of the city, there were still a large number of vans departing from Sai Tai Mai Gaew (the one on the bend). To the real old timers here, I am not referring to the one at Sam Yaek Faichai !  

I am currently assisting a friend for an important trip, and trying to avoid confusion and wasted time.

9 hours ago, allane said:

I have lived in Thailand a long time, and certainly know that. I now live several hours outside of Bangkok. The last time I was in that part of the city, there were still a large number of vans departing from Sai Tai Mai Gaew (the one on the bend). To the real old timers here, I am not referring to the one at Sam Yaek Faichai !  

I am currently assisting a friend for an important trip, and trying to avoid confusion and wasted time.

Good, go to the New Sai Tai Mai. There are Vans and Buses every half hour throughout the day from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi. 

Keep Safe. Take care !