Deadline for 90 Day Reporting is 31 August, not 26 Sep *

For those who did not update their 90 day report during amnesty but had a Due Date during that period, the deadline is 31 August, NOT 26 Sep.  

I got this directly from an IMM official who said the reason for designating the entire month of August was to prevent IMM offices from being flooded with too many people during September, and it makes sense if you think about it. 

To be clear, 26 Sep is still the official end date of the amnesty period pertaining to many immigration matters , but if you passed your last 90 day due date without reporting, you MUST report sometime during August or you will not be in compliance. 

Edited by WaveHunter

Thanks for report.

I would like to see more from folks to back this up. 

I have read elsewhere that's it's not compulsory given that it's only in the infographic from immigration and not what is written in the gazette.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

I would like to see more from folks to back this up. 

I have read elsewhere that's it's not compulsory given that it's only in the infographic from immigration and not what is written in the gazette.

I suppose it will eventually make it into The Gazette, and probably not be enforced to strongly if you fail to report in August, but it would probably not be wise because all the other people with non 90 day reporting matters that were protected by amnesty will be swamping IMM offices during September as the amnesty deadline approaches. 

I remember what the queue lines looked like back when CHIANG Mai IMM was at Promenada, requiring you to queue at 5am just to get a ticket. This September Imn offices will be insane by comparison!

Edited by WaveHunter

Thanks for giving people the heads up. 

Luckily, it is a simple 5 minute in and out for me to do 90 day, so I have just carried on with it. I am aware though that for some people it can be a trek and a half.

• Like 2

The folk that are on annual extension have 90 day reports. Many did them as usual during amnesty.

All the people that entered visa exempt tourist visa etc will not be required to do a 90 report even they have been here much longer than 90 days

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The folk that are on annual extension have 90 day reports. Many did them as usual during amnesty.

Yeah doing it online take a few minutes, no excuse for people to not do it...... Yeah yeah I know they will come and moan and claim the online reporting does not work but thats utter hogwash.

4 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Online works great.  Don't see what the problem is.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

It does work great, but you can only do online 90-day reports from 15 days before your actual due date to 7 days before the due date.  If someone has skipped their normal 90-day report, it is unlikely the online reporting option will work for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

For those who did not update their 90 day report during amnesty but had a Due Date during that period, the deadline is 31 August, NOT 26 Sep.  

This is not correct, the deadline is 26th September. Immigration just wants people to do their report in August, but they can't legally fine you if you do it in September.

I called the immigration hotline 1178 about this, and the IO confirmed that we have time until 26th September.

Chiang Mai immigration even posted on their Facebook page that a report is possible until 5th October (up to 7 days late, counting from 26th, not counting the weekend) without being fined.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

If you did not do it online during amnesty before your last due date (even though you were not required to do so), sadly you can not do it online now and must either do it by mail or in person.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is not correct, the deadline is 26th September. Immigration just wants people to do their report in August, but they can't legally fine you if you do it in September.

I called the immigration hotline 1178 about this, and the IO confirmed that we have time until 26th September.

Chiang Mai immigration even posted on their Facebook page that a report is possible until 5th October (up to 7 days late, counting from 26th, not counting the weekend) without being fined.

I suppose you are correct that they will not fine you if you do not do it by 31 August, but I think it would be foolish to wait beyond the end of August since all Imm offices will be madhouses during September. 

The wording of Imm's infographic is strong for a reason, when they say "MUST file between 1-31 August".  It's the same as when "mandatory" evacuations are ordered during hurricane season in the States; legally they can force you to evacuate, but you'd be a fool for not doing it.

Edited by WaveHunter

11 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah doing it online take a few minutes, no excuse for people to not do it...... Yeah yeah I know they will come and moan and claim the online reporting does not work but thats utter hogwash.

Just as well that it works fine otherwise you would need to take time off your high power job to go to Jomtien, and then you might not be able to afford all that imported beer. 

36 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Online does not work if you missed your last due date (even though amnesty allowed you to not file during that period of time).

I have always filed online, and hate the prospect of having to do it by mail or in-person.   Online takes only a minute or two, and you have the confirmation in a day or two. 

Doing it by mail takes at least a half hour of filling out the TM47, making copies of documents, trip to the post office, and the the possibility that the Imm office will not accept it (yes, some Imm offices actually will not accept mailed in 90-day reports and post office will return your letter!  And then there is the wait to see if it has been approved or not.

Doing it in-person can also be problematic if you run into an IO who's having a bad day and decides to take it out on you.  I and others have had that happen, like one person who was in for a 90 day report and was told to come back the next day with their bank book!

Online is best...when it works, of course LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

I don't understand what's going on with the 90 day report issue. 

It was the government that created the amnesty and outlined various things such as no need to do 90 day report address. That same amnesty has been extended twice. The recent extension of amnesty did not include imm requiring 90 day reports in August. 

For that matter where does it say anything in Gazette about report needs to be done prior to September 26. 

When they first issued the amnesty they should of also mentioned plan for reports post amnesty. The most sensible would be "your next report will be due 90 day multiples from your the first one you missed"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't understand what's going on with the 90 day report issue. 

It was the government that created the amnesty and outlined various things such as no need to do 90 day report address. That same amnesty has been extended twice. The recent extension of amnesty did not include imm requiring 90 day reports in August. 

For that matter where does it say anything in Gazette about report needs to be done prior to September 26. 

When they first issued the amnesty they should of also mentioned plan for reports post amnesty. The most sensible would be "your next report will be due 90 day multiples from your the first one you missed"

Totally agree with you, and most logical people would have assumed that the next "due date" would be 90 days from the one legally missed during amnesty (and thus could be done online during the 5-14 day window!  But of course, this is Thailand; they like to do things a little differently LOL.

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What Imm Office did you get that advice from?

I live in Chinag Mai presently but know an officer personally in Jomtien; it came from him, and he was speaking about Imm offices as a whole, not just Jomtien.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rott said:

Just as well that it works fine otherwise you would need to take time off your high power job to go to Jomtien, and then you might not be able to afford all that imported beer. 

First time I reported was in Sriracha, HR lady did it for me but now Iam in their system I do it online myself... during work time ofcourse.

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It's either incompetence or they hope to make some money from it.

The Cabinet said that 90 day reports are not required until 26th September and that a timeframe to do the 90 day reports will be announced by Immigration. I'm quite certain that when writing this order, they thought that immigration will announce something like "until end of October", or maybe "until end of this year", or something else, but for sure something after 26th September.

What did immigration do? Announce August as time frame, when nobody is actually required to do a 90 day report. They either have no idea what they are doing, or they do this intentionally to confuse people and they will use this to extort money. (For example telling somebody who does the 90 day report in September, that he had to do this in August, even though that would be a lie, and telling him for 500THB tea money he will not be fined 2000THB)

I don't think they said specifically that 90 day reports updates were not required until 26 Sep, only that amnesty was in effect until that date.  There is a difference if you think about it.

Edited by WaveHunter

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I don't think they said specifically that 90 day reports updates were not required until 26 Sep, only that amnesty was in effect until that date.  There is a difference if you think about it.

They said specifically that 90 day reports are not required until 26th September, see article 3 in the order:

Section 37(5) of the immigration act is "90 day reports"

• Like 2

My hat is off to Chiang Mai immigration. I just went and did my 90 day reporting in-person at Promenada. No waiting time at all; the place was empty!  Total time was three minutes and out the door with confirmed stamp. 

My advice; if you must file 90 day in-person because you did not file one during the amnesty period, don't wait!  Do it right now before the mob scene starts...and you know it will be a true zoo at Imm offices as end of month approaches!

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

They said specifically that 90 day reports are not required until 26th September, see article 3 in the order:

Section 37(5) of the immigration act is "90 day reports"

Irregardless of what it says if you are required to do 90 day reporting because you did not file during the amnesty period, you will not be able to do it online, and your only options are by mail or in-person. 

Right now, in-person seems to be the easiest way.  I just did it in Chiang Mai at Promenada, and the office was deserted!  I was literally the only foreign national in the office, and this was at 2pm!  No waiting, and I was out the door with stamped confirmation in only 3 minutes.

That will not be the case as more and more people start to flood the offices as we go through August.  Do it now!

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

It's either incompetence or they hope to make some money from it.

The Cabinet said that 90 day reports are not required until 26th September and that a timeframe to do the 90 day reports will be announced by Immigration. I'm quite certain that when writing this order, they thought that immigration will announce something like "until end of October", or maybe "until end of this year", or something else, but for sure something after 26th September.

What did immigration do? Announce August as time frame, when nobody is actually required to do a 90 day report. They either have no idea what they are doing, or they do this intentionally to confuse people and they will use this to extort money. (For example telling somebody who does the 90 day report in September, that he had to do this in August, even though that would be a lie, and telling him for 500THB tea money he will not be fined 2000THB)

I disagree.  What they did does seem confusing, but actually it makes perfect sense when you think about. 

Amnesty does indeed extend to 26 Sep.  When the "soft" announcement was made about filing 90 day reports during August, the reasoning behind that was simply to avoid having all foreign nationals flooding into Imm offices as the 26 Sep deadline approached.

Since a huge number of those people are simply doing 90 day reporting and nothing else, it makes perfect sense for Imm to (strongly) urge them to do it during the proceeding month of August, and give them an entire one month window in which to do it.

I decided to do it in-person today in Chiang Mai's Promenada office, and it was a breeze; no waiting in queue since I was literally the only foreign national there, and I was in and out in only 3 minutes!  And this was in the middle of the day at 2pm which is normally very busy in an Imm office.

IMO it is one of the smarter things Imm has done lately!

Edited by WaveHunter

4 hours ago, JTXR said:

If someone has skipped their normal 90-day report, it is unlikely the online reporting option will work for them.

Exactly as I found out earlier this afternoon -- locked out of online reporting.... never had any problem before... after skipping one amnesty era report.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Exactly as I found out earlier this afternoon -- locked out of online reporting.... never had any problem before... after skipping one amnesty era report.

Same here.  When Imm announced the amnesty they should have made it clear that you would not be able to report online if you chose to follow their amnesty guidelines.

They really kind of shot themselves in the foot since all the people that would have normally filed online will now probably overwhelm Imm offices with in-person and mailed in reports.  Oh well, this is Thailand; they like to do things in their own special way LOL.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

When Imm announced the amnesty they should have made it clear that you would not be able to report online if you chose to follow their amnesty guidelines.

I certainly don't recall reading/seeing any mention of that in the original amnesty announcements from Immigration --  although I caught that idea much much later after the fact here on the forum.

If I had known at the outset the prospect of getting locked out of online 90-day reporting even if for only one cycle, I certainly wouldn't have skipped my prior amnesty period report that Immigration TOLD ME to skip!!!

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I certainly don't recall reading/seeing any mention of that in the original amnesty announcements from Immigration --  although I caught that idea much much later after the fact here on the forum.

If I had known at the outset the prospect of getting locked out of online 90-day reporting even if for only one cycle, I certainly wouldn't have skipped my prior amnesty period report that Immigration TOLD ME to skip!!!

I was pretty annoyed too but I'm getting used to be annoyed when it comes to all things Immigration LOL.  The bright side is that if you take care of it NOW and in-person at the Imm office, it should go smoothly.  At least that was my experience today at Chinag Mai Imm.  Literally no other foreign nationals were in the office when I showed up at 2pm (which is usually a very busy time).  I was in and out in only 3 minutes!  Go now because I'm sure all Imm offices will be madhouses as the month progresses, and anyone who actually waits for September is probably going to really regret waiting.