Deadline for 90 Day Reporting is 31 August, not 26 Sep *

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I was pretty annoyed too but I'm getting used to be annoyed when it comes to all things Immigration LOL.  The bright side is that if you take care of it NOW and in-person at the Imm office, it should go smoothly.  At least that was my experience today at Chinag Mai Imm.  Literally no other foreign nationals were in the office when I showed up at 2pm (which is usually a very busy time).  I was in and out in only 3 minutes!  Go now because I'm sure all Imm offices will be madhouses as the month progresses, and anyone who actually waits for September is probably going to really regret waiting.

In Bangkok, for most people, just getting to and then returning from either BKK CW or the new 90-day reports satellite office at Impact Muang Thong Thani is pretty much a half day or more trek.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In Bangkok, for most people, just getting to and then returning from either BKK CW or the new 90-day reports satellite office at Impact Muang Thong Thani is pretty much a half day or more trek.

To stir the pot, I'm on Koh samed. Even to do report via mail I need now, all of a sudden return BKK. 

I cannot do online as it's first report and seems folk that skipped report cannot do online. I need now go back bkk, being first report need lease etc. I get few days notice of this. 

My first ever criticism of our man ubonjoe is in some posts states it's only a recommendation and in others states you should do it in August.

Immigration are complete nonsense.

You can't make this rubbish up 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My first ever criticism of our man ubonjoe is in some posts states it's only a recommendation and in others states you should do it in August.

They cannot fine you for not reporting since the extended ministerial notice states they are not required until after September 26th. If I was in your situation I would not bother to do one now.

I am suggesting people that skipped their reports to do one this month if they normally do 90 day reports. 

I will be getting caught up for two reports since I skipped mine back in April when we were on a stay at home order when I apply for my annual extension this month.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Same here but I happened to be in Chiang Mai for the day so I gave it a go. 

Many people seem to have positive experience with mailed in 90 day reports (i.e. @ubonjoe seems very happy with doing it that way) but I've heard that some office refuse to accept letters for 90 day reports (that's just rumor though, I don't know if its really true.  You know how unfounded rumors spread on TVF LOL)!

I actually prepared mine to send via mail.  I have to say it takes a lot of time with all the copying of documents and visits to the post office, and all, and then you have to wait and keep your fingers crossed that you receive a stamped confirmation in the mail.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

To stir the pot, I'm on Koh samed. Even to do report via mail I need now, all of a sudden return BKK. 

I cannot do online as it's first report and seems folk that skipped report cannot do online. I need now go back bkk, being first report need lease etc. I get few days notice of this. 

Immigration are complete nonsense.

You can't make this rubbish up 

The way it was explained to me by a reliable source (an IO I know personally down in Jomtien) is that if you wait until Sep 26 to resume your 90 day reporting, you will not be in violation, but in actuality it would be a very foolish thing to do.

The so-called mandate to do it between Aug 1-31 is really just a strong suggestion.  It's like in the USA during hurricane season when they issue a "mandatory" evacuation order".  Legally they can not forced people to evacuate but they word it that way to strongly encourage people to do so.

According to the IO, the reasoning behind the August 1-31 window was simply to avoid having the Imm offices flooded with everyone taking care of post-amnesty filings as the 26 Sep deadline approached.  Since 90 day reports probably comprise the biggest group of people, it just makes sense for them to do it in August and avoid a huge bottleneck in September.

IMO, I think it was one of the smarter things Imm has done lately.  It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

The smartest thing to do is do it RIGHT NOW; every day that passes, Imm is going to be getting busier and busier, and as the end of this month approaches I bet the queue lines will very long indeed.  Throughout September, the lines will probably be record-breaking!

Edited by WaveHunter

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hi drJack54,

Going back to Bangkok from Koh Samed just to do your first ever 90-day report in person, would be utter folly.

As UJ says it's just a strong suggestion to regularize your 90-day situation during month of August, but there are no fines/penalties when not doing it during the extended Amnesty (till 26 September).

You could even consider simply NOT doing it at all, and pay the 2.000 THB fine next time you need to be at Immigration (it doesn't matter how much you are 'too late' the fine is same).

Only drawback of doing the above is that the 90-day report has to be done at the new Muang Thong Thani office and your 1-year extension still needs to be done at CW, so you would first have to make the trip to Muang Thong Thani office to get it cleared and then go to CW for your 'real business'.

• Like 1